Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Team Maker Dues and contributions

Default Re: Team Maker Dues and contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    This............
    agreed. If the deduction was the primary reason to be a TM, they could simply donate to at their home church or school or whatever.

I would presume that people are TM's because they are incredibly passionate about NDSU and want season tickets with little to no impact of the deduction. could it effect some people's tax situation? It is a possibility to be sure, however I would be shocked if this has any significant impact on the quantity of donations or TM members. I would presume those who are TM's will want to donate to keep receiving tickets and perks regardless of the deduction. Plus if they are so wealthy, the bill allegedly helps them save the most tax, so they simply may not care
    I could be way off but time will tell
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Is the cost of buying a new recruit a nice car still an allowable deduction? I think Louisville's BBall program blew that for everyone.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    If you can afford to donate 5k, 10k, 20k, 30 k or whatever to TM, you're not to concerned about writeoffs, unless your first name is Ebenezer.
    That is really a misnomer, the person that is donating $5k, 10k or 20k is very concerned about write offs and cash flow. They have a finite amount of resources in most cases and pick and choose where they contribute. If someone can give $10k to another organization in return for a tax benefit, that will be a giving consideration. That is why every good non profit that is raising money shows the done how to maximize the value of the gift to the respective organization. NDSU Development will show you how with a $5k gift to the endowment fund you get a $2k ND tax credit allow with the related other tax savings. That gift cost you $1,800 net, versus $5k of net cost to team makers in this example for game tickets. Organizations use this against each other to raise money.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Did I hear correctly that ND residents can't prepay local taxes for the deduction, but Minnesota can. Cass County auditor said on WDAY last night that tax bill is Jan 1,2018
    so it does not qualify. I know I can go and prepay my tax bill, but if its not going to count, why do it.
    Does Clay county 1) allow you to pre pay taxes and 2) aren't the next taxes due in Minnesota due May 2018 for 2018, which to me would not be deductible. North Dakota, 2017 taxes are paid in March and October, but if you pay on December 29, 2017, you can deduct as they are 2017 taxes. I think the confusion with ND taxpayers and Clay county taxes, people are calling to pay 2018 taxes which aren't technically due March 2019. Those you can't pre pay.

Maybe TM needs to change their model and not tie a ticket to a donation and then it would be 100% deductible.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Dont for get to pre pay local and state taxes and your property taxes in advance as well.
    I figured out rough 2017 Minnesota income taxes yesterday and sent in an estimate of the extra I'd have paid in April. It was well worth the effort to do so.

Is this the year Lakes starts forking up money so we can go FBS?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    You forgot the purple. Not that it's really needed.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    they've gotten plenty of lakes $$$$ he's in front row at basketball and 7th row at football.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I prepaid both Cass County and Minnesota taxes today. It only matters what day the check is dated. I have been doing this with Cass County for over 10 years.