Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Maker Dues and contributions

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Team Maker Dues and contributions

I'm so confused. Are you guys telling me that this new tax cut is eliminating a tax loophole for big business? I don't believe it. I'm sure all the new season ticket holders will be Russian.

Lardsin must go!

If you do not participate in priority seating, 80/20 rule, will your TM contribution then be 100% deductible like it is now not belonging to priority seating?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I think people on the waiting list for tickets will be getting calls next year. Some people are going to let their tickets go now that they can't use it as a write off.
    I guess I do not share the opinion that many people buy Bison Season tickets just for the Tax write off. I would like to think that people buy Bison tickets to go watch quality sports from a quality program.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I guess I do not share the opinion that many people buy Bison Season tickets just for the Tax write off. I would like to think that people buy Bison tickets to go watch quality sports from a quality program.
    I agree with you.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

That's probably true for individuals, but it's not true for corporations. Does this change influence personal tax law and corporate tax law the same way?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    That's probably true for individuals, but it's not true for corporations. Does this change influence personal tax law and corporate tax law the same way?

excellent question , anyone know the answer?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Years ago, suite holders at the Ralph and the dome were audited to see if they were deducting the suite costs. At the time, it was a non deductible item, but many business' would deduct as a business expense. If you look at the suite holders currently, many have the signage around the fargodome. So instead of paying for the suite, the cost was deemed advertising.

As for the 80/20 rule and does it impact the business? I could see the amount classified as promotion or advertising versus "donation"

The biggest issue with this new tax bill is compliance. It is a drastic change fundamentally in many areas, as such rules, guidance and regulations need to be written. That may take years. Secondly, enforcement doesn't exist since the IRS has been downsized. In no ways to advocate incorrect tax positions, but in most cases an alternative exists if you structure properly as a business.

Contact your tax professional as Pat Simmers put it in the email.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The effective cost of the donation portion of the tickets will go up by a third. That'll make a difference for people who were on the fence about cost to begin with.

I doubt a huge number of people will be giving up their season tickets just because their deduction will be less. Tax deductions from charitable donations is simply an added perk and not the main reason for donating. The main reason you give $1,000 to get tickets or give $1,000 to the United Way is because you want tickets and want to help the community, not just for the tax benefits.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN