Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Maker Dues and contributions

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Team Maker Dues and contributions

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I guess I do not share the opinion that many people buy Bison Season tickets just for the Tax write off. I would like to think that people buy Bison tickets to go watch quality sports from a quality program.
    They may be paying to watch sports but when teammakers add 1,000 to the seats and now you cant write it off. In a perfect world, everyone loves paying the fees. In reality people consider other places they can put that money.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

I don't think the impact will make much of a difference. Gotta remember most people donate because they have to get tickets. When you pay less in taxes, you have more cash in your pocket

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't think the impact will make much of a difference. Gotta remember most people donate because they have to get tickets. When you pay less in taxes, you have more cash in your pocket
    How much difference remains to be seen... it will make a difference there is no way it doesn’t . To the people that give 500 or a thousand it may not even be worth writing off anyway... for the people giving 5k or 10k or even more... this may become a huge issue... so to say it will make no difference is absolutely ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    How much difference remains to be seen... it will make a difference there is no way it doesn’t . To the people that give 500 or a thousand it may not even be worth writing off anyway... for the people giving 5k or 10k or even more... this may become a huge issue... so to say it will make no difference is absolutely ignorant
    If you can afford to donate 5k, 10k, 20k, 30 k or whatever to TM, you're not to concerned about writeoffs, unless your first name is Ebenezer.

Did I hear correctly that ND residents can't prepay local taxes for the deduction, but Minnesota can. Cass County auditor said on WDAY last night that tax bill is Jan 1,2018
    so it does not qualify. I know I can go and prepay my tax bill, but if its not going to count, why do it.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Did I hear correctly that ND residents can't prepay local taxes for the deduction, but Minnesota can. Cass County auditor said on WDAY last night that tax bill is Jan 1,2018
    so it does not qualify. I know I can go and prepay my tax bill, but if its not going to count, why do it.
    ND taxes are one year in arrears. So you pay your 2017 taxes in 2018. You can choose to pay your 2017 taxes by 12/31 but would not be able to prepay 2018 taxes because they won't be billed until December 2018.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    If you can afford to donate 5k, 10k, 20k, 30 k or whatever to TM, you're not to concerned about writeoffs, unless your first name is Ebenezer.
    Those are the exact people looking for write offs.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    ND taxes are one year in arrears. So you pay your 2017 taxes in 2018. You can choose to pay your 2017 taxes by 12/31 but would not be able to prepay 2018 taxes because they won't be billed until December 2018.
    Ok that makes sense. Thanks. Now to do some quick figures. I doubt it will work in my case. but worth crunching numbers.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Actually, if you can afford to donate 5k, 10k, 20k, 30k, or whatever to TM, it's probably because you manage your finances at a high level and are absolutely aware of the deduction that the donation affords you.

I talked to my accountant a lot this week. As a small business owner I will be able to maximize '17 deductions by prepaying for several expenses (including my Teammakers dues). The new tax law will then give me several offsets in 18 that will basically wash out the prepaid expenses and will even out my tax bill over the two years.

And my first name is Travis.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

I’d say your dead wrong.. the reason you have that ability is because your always paying attention to these things
    TRUST THE PROCESS