Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Hey JMU fans....Virginia food ideas?

Default Re: Hey JMU fans....Virginia food ideas?

To go back to the original question minus streamers and low and slow BBQ, I checked with a few people about what foods that part of Virginia is known for. They aren't known for anything. If it's on the menu at Fridays' bar menu, Golden Corral, or BWW then that's what they'd consider local food.

If at the Golden Coral make sure to order a fly swatter.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trying to harness all of the advice gathered here from all of you fine people and have another go at a brisket. It's been in the electric smoker since about 6:00 tonight. Smoking with the wood I had (jack daniels oak barrel chips, hickory and apple). It's getting close to the stall, gonna wrap it in peach paper from there. Hoping to pull it out when I wake up around 6. Let it sit from there and then expecting about 25 for the game at my place.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Trying to harness all of the advice gathered here from all of you fine people and have another go at a brisket. It's been in the electric smoker since about 6:00 tonight. Smoking with the wood I had (jack daniels oak barrel chips, hickory and apple). It's getting closet to the stall, gonna wrap it in peach paper from there. Hoping to pull it out when I wake up around 6. Let it sit from there and then expecting about 25 for the game at my place.

Think I found your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Trying to harness all of the advice gathered here from all of you fine people and have another go at a brisket. It's been in the electric smoker since about 6:00 tonight. Smoking with the wood I had (jack daniels oak barrel chips, hickory and apple). It's getting close to the stall, gonna wrap it in peach paper from there. Hoping to pull it out when I wake up around 6. Let it sit from there and then expecting about 25 for the game at my place.

Once you wrap I would put it in the oven to ensure you get it done on time since you have better tempurature control with the oven.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Olton Hall View Post
    Once you wrap I would put it in the oven to ensure you get it done on time since you have better tempurature control with the oven.
    Thank you, that is exactly what I did. I still could have used more time, didn't get to let it sit long. It turned out way better this time than last however. Thanks everyone for the pointers.