Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookie to Frisco

Default Re: Rookie to Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Got a call from a friend last night. They have one ticket open to complete their foursome road trip to Frisco and offered it to me. Well, looks like my wife will be planning and hosting the watch party back home all by herself!
    So excited to finally make the trip!
    Very happy this all worked out for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    At least ours allows drinking. JMU's is dry.
    But will they have streamers at their pep rally?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Another rookie here, going solo. My dad and I always said, "this year we will go to Frisco, this year we will go," but never did. He passed Sept 1, and I am not going to let another year slip away. I won't be there until Friday, but I will welcome any tips!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Another rookie here, going solo. My dad and I always said, "this year we will go to Frisco, this year we will go," but never did. He passed Sept 1, and I am not going to let another year slip away. I won't be there until Friday, but I will welcome any tips!
    Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine to pancreatic cancer in 2012, but not before he made it to the first game in Frisco. Just know those dad's have a way of watching down on us, like I'm sure mine was doing during Brock's run at the end of GSU2. Something about that play just felt different.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Leave your streamers at home.

It amazes me that their are still people going down for the first time. Its awesome! My advice; go to any bar or restaurant in the Frisco or Plano area and you will feel at home amoungst the Bison nation family. As far as the game, it will be one of the greatest experiences of your life. I still dont take it for granted that I am watching a national championship game. Hopefully with the weekend ending like normal celebrating on the field.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

We went the first year. As we drove down the highway, Bison vehicles honked and waved. When we payed at the OK toll booth, the lady laughed and asked us how many more there were of us.
    We stayed at the legacy and when we turned on the street through the shops we could not believe all the green and yellow.
    In the following years it only got better.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    It amazes me that their are still people going down for the first time. Its awesome! My advice; go to any bar or restaurant in the Frisco or Plano area and you will feel at home amoungst the Bison nation family. As far as the game, it will be one of the greatest experiences of your life. I still dont take it for granted that I am watching a national championship game. Hopefully with the weekend ending like normal celebrating on the field.
    This would be my advice as well, simply walk into any bar/restaurant and hang with the hundreds of other Bison fans there. Then, walk to the next place and hang with hundreds more. Literally every place you step foot in will be wall to wall Bison fans and just like any away game they are all your best friend, all you have to do is have fun and enjoy the weekend.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Very happy this all worked out for you!!!
    Added my "Bison Pride" flag to the packing list and will take shots along the way.

My friends made reservations at the Plano Hilton before asking me to join them. Any reviews someone wants to share? Thanks.

We drove down in year 3, which was our 1st trip. Damn it was fun!! Bison vehicles of all types on the way down!
    We stayed at the "Dallas/Addison Marriot on Quorum Drive near the Galleria (Mall)". Stayed there 3 times, & recognized people that also stayed there for NC's 4 & 5! Nice place.... we'll stay there again. They decorated nicely for the Bison, & had a Bison spotlight shining on the entry-side of Hotel at night too!

We can't go this year due to my recent foot surgery. Otherwise, we would've gone!!!!

Have a very fun time!!!!!

Faron
    Four-Seasons Maui @ Wailea.