Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NDSU vs. Central Arkansas

Default Re: NDSU vs. Central Arkansas

2 players (Rylee, Reilly) with ten points each, not exactly barnburner numbers, though they had nearly half the Bison total. 45 total points isn't going to get the job done.
    I don't know whether to say Yikes, sad, pathetic, or embarrassing?
    I'm leaning toward all four.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    2 players (Rylee, Reilly) with ten points each, not exactly barnburner numbers, though they had nearly half the Bison total. 45 total points isn't going to get the job done.
    I don't know whether to say Yikes, sad, pathetic, or embarrassing?
    I'm leaning toward all four.
    Did you watch the game? I did not. Was there any good flow to the offense? Defensive pressure get to us again? I am off to check out the stats and see what the numbers look like.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Sarah and Taylor were 2-10 in shooting. OUCH. Only shot 2 free throws. Man we need to get into the lane and create contact and go to the line. Rebounding totals are close. second chance points were 15-13 NDSU. Stats were kind of close with the exception of shooting %.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

No, I didn't watch.
    TT had 2 points in 29 minutes, IIRC?
    Unfortunately, the Yotes, Leathernecks, & Jacks have got to be licking their chops waiting for the Bison to come to town.

Hey, B-ette. I've been in Macomb a few times. I think you called it "the armpit of the Midwest", or similar. I didn't think it was THAT bad of a city, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    ...Unfortunately, the Yotes, Leathernecks, & Jacks have got to be licking their chops waiting for the Bison to come to town....
    Me and the Jacks fans I talk with would much prefer to beat a strong Bison team. No one benefits from having what was in the not-too-distant past one of the consistently excellent DII programs fall so far down that it sometimes looks like club-status ball. I think the Summit League has a much better chance of getting a second women's team into the NCAA Big Dance than we do getting a second men's team to the Big Dance. But, it will take more than half of the Summit League to have impressive OOC win/loss records.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Me and the Jacks fans I talk with would much prefer to beat a strong Bison team. No one benefits from having what was in the not-too-distant past one of the consistently excellent DII programs fall so far down that it sometimes looks like club-status ball. I think the Summit League has a much better chance of getting a second women's team into the NCAA Big Dance than we do getting a second men's team to the Big Dance. But, it will take more than half of the Summit League to have impressive OOC win/loss records.
    Bison OOC sched is a total sham, and you're right doesn't help the Summit one iota.

My outsider's view: I thought the Bison should have hired former NDSU standout Jaimie Berry to take over the team...I understand she applied at the time of the last hiring after she was an assistant coach at USD. Jaimie was part of the tradition of some great NDSU basketball.
    Go Jackrabbits!