Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Frisco Bowl

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Frisco Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I made an attempt to watch it last night and lasted 10 minutes. Both teams suck.
    .... yeah.... but, isn't an FBS bowl game better then an FCS Natty? Many want NDSU to move up and into the FBS Bowl arena.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    .... yeah.... but, isn't an FBS bowl game better then an FCS Natty? Many want NDSU to move up and into the FBS Bowl arena.
    That bowl game looked like all the fcs playoff games outside of SU games.....not a great comparison

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The dream is a New Years Day Bowl... the reality is something more like what’s pictured above when it comes to postseason play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just putting this here if someone wants to move it fine....

Dom Izzo
    @DomIzzoWDAY
    #NDSU-#SDSU had 846,000 viewers on ESPN2 according to the website (link: http://ShowbuzzDaily.com) ShowbuzzDaily.com. That's much more than the 2017 semi between the Bison and Sam Houston which had 604,000 viewers on ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I like the location, but it sucks the game is played in a soccer stadium.......now one that really looks like a soccer venue complete with huge lettering advertising Soccer in the one end zone. Too bad they didn't spend those millions adding 5000 more seats.
    Oh, no! Not Soccer. Anything but soccer. Oh, the humanity!

If you are not careful they might come for your lake cabin.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the schools are forced to buy x amount of tickets from the NCAA and make their money by selling them. But that is probably paid attendance, as in the NCAA made them buy the tickets, therefore they were paid. But they couldn't give them away
    The host committee might have also given away some tickets that went unused. I'm guess the schools participating in the bowls end up eating most of the ticket revenue.
    It's OK to not be OK.