Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on early signing period

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Thoughts on early signing period

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Funny how we spend most of our time talking about the new kids that run fast, jump high and when title time comes its our O-line and D-line that allows us to plug in just about anybody in the skill positions and succeed. This game is won in the weight room and dinner hall.
    Couldn't agree more about the importance of the trenches...but fans yell "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce" when #8 is making big plays. It's not "Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhnert" you're hearing, when it very well should be after the year he's had. I do know Austin got some face time following the EWU game, nice to see them interview a big man after a game.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Couldn't agree more about the importance of the trenches...but fans yell "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce" when #8 is making big plays. It's not "Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhnert" you're hearing, when it very well should be after the year he's had. I do know Austin got some face time following the EWU game, nice to see them interview a big man after a game.
    He carried the ball. Plus Bruuuuuce sounds a lot like BOOOOOO. Which is funny. And our RB's know they need that Oline, they talk about them every chance they get.

That said, Kuhnert is one tough dude. I knew that before, but watching him pop his own elbow back in so the trainers couldn't pull him out on a replay of national TV was a hell of a thing. The tradition continues.

I agree that it does help us

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I hear lots of P5 coaches crying so that tells me it must be good for college football.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I just can't believe we got the Iowa City kid. Wonder if he wanted Big Red? Turned down Iowa and Iowa St. Wow!
    You mean Sioux City right?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I love that the big schools hate it. They can't just tell a recruit hang on, your only good enough for us if we don't get our others guys we think are better than you. I wonder how many of recruits were being told not to sign? Glad they didn't listen and take that chance of not getting an offer from that big school.

I realize there are many different ways to do recruiting and getting players to sign. But I heard a report that I believe it was Weber St and Northern Colorado that did not sign a player and a couple of big sky teams only signed a handful. That to me just seems strange. Any thoughts on this?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Iowa officially got Benson over SDSU. Good Sioux Falls talent.

Bismarck Tribune coverage on signing day
    (Bartholomew Ogbu, Trae Steckler, Mark Stumpf)

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/co...470bcb159.html

I am blown away by this class of recruits. Every year I look at all of the hudl recruiting tapes of these athletes and can generally pick out a few kids that really stand out to me. This year it seems that everyone of these young men look like stand out's to me. For example, after watching the offensive skills of guy's like Enz, Talbert and DJ Stewart, I find out that they are projected to play defense, I am blown away that we feel there is just as good or better talent offensively, so we can afford to move them the defensive side of the ball. In my opinion ,this is going to be an absolutely unbelievable class !

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    I am blown away by this class of recruits. Every year I look at all of the hudl recruiting tapes of these athletes and can generally pick out a few kids that really stand out to me. This year it seems that everyone of these young men look like stand out's to me. For example, after watching the offensive skills of guy's like Enz, Talbert and DJ Stewart, I find out that they are projected to play defense, I am blown away that we feel there is just as good or better talent offensively, so we can afford to move them the defensive side of the ball. In my opinion ,this is going to be an absolutely unbelievable class !
    We tend to take the best athletes and move them to the defensive side. A great example is cox, lots of teams recruited him for qb and we recruited him at lb. I think that turned out pretty well.