Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Commit: Dylan Evans

Default Re: 2018 Commit: Dylan Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    You guys act like NDSU is the one asking for money to help the kid go. Let people do their job. It was small town newspaper. If you are donor, don't do it. If you live in Willy and want to help a cute story, do it. No story here guys. Goodness.
    Never said that NDSU promoted it. However, reality is many folks don't have any idea what the rules are. I am sure their are donors in "willy" who would give and have no idea an issue. That is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Never said that NDSU promoted it. However, reality is many folks don't have any idea what the rules are. I am sure their are donors in "willy" who would give and have no idea an issue. That is the problem.
    Ok....do YOUR job and make sure the AD is aware!!!! Good work.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

If you are in any way considered a booster (the NCAA has a very broad definition) you can in no way give this kid any money unless you are directly related or a close friend of the the family with an established relationship. The article puts a lot of people in a corner with mentioning him signing and displaying the NDSU gear.

This isn't tweeting to the kid, this is serious business.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And they are on it....got a reply and they are on it. I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    He will be a real man when he returns in two years from his mission. I think it is great that the coaching staff would do their due diligence and then conclude that he was worth waiting two years for, which makes me all that more excited to see him on the field in a few years. Some of the best DL in the 80s were wrestlers. They really understand center of gravity. Glad the Bison are going back to that tradition. Go Bison!
    This is like a 2 year redshirt without kramer.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

And they are on it....got a reply and they are on it. I feel better now.
    Good job guys. The average fans are kind of ignorant to this stuff. You can tell by the fact that fans of every team tweets at recruits which is a no no. And when someone sees an article in the credible newspaper they would probably assume it's OK. Would hate to see the kid lose his eligibility and not be able to play college football because of something unintentionally stupid

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He just looks like a dude I would not want to line up against. Looks like he eats nails with a glass of diesel fuel for breakfast and gargles with bleach.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    He will be a real man when he returns in two years from his mission. I think it is great that the coaching staff would do their due diligence and then conclude that he was worth waiting two years for, which makes me all that more excited to see him on the field in a few years. Some of the best DL in the 80s were wrestlers. They really understand center of gravity. Glad the Bison are going back to that tradition. Go Bison!
    Just so everyone knows....this thread has morphed into talking about TWO different guys. Evans the DL from Williston is the wrestler and kid who they're rasing money for to go to a high school bowl game.....Ewing is the TE/DE from Watford City who is going on a mission....completely different guys.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Just so everyone knows....this thread has morphed into talking about TWO different guys. Evans the DL from Williston is the wrestler and kid who they're rasing money for to go to a high school bowl game.....Ewing is the TE/DE from Watford City who is going on a mission....completely different guys.
    Thanks now I know why I was confused more than I normally am.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Well, if I am reading this correctly, Dylan Evans’ U18 International Bowl game is tonight on ESPN3. The US team plays a Canadian team.

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/5...former-players

US roster includes a small-town TE from Valier, MT, who will play for the Griz in college - Colten Curry - 6’ 7” 220