Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Commit: Dylan Evans

Default 2018 Commit: Dylan Evans

Don't see a thread for Dylan so I've stolen Jay's work:

Dylan Evans, 6-3, 243, DT, Williston, ND Video

Really like what I've seen on tape.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Commit: Dylan Evans

Was his signing a bit of a surprise? Being there was no thread for him I'm assuming that means we never received a verbal, at least publicly anyway?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Welcome aboard Dylan!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Was his signing a bit of a surprise? Being there was no thread for him I'm assuming that means we never received a verbal, at least publicly anyway?
    Not a surprise. The kid just didn't want it to be public.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Kids also a good wrestler and track and field. We seem to do well with recruiting wrestlers on the dline.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Kids also a good wrestler and track and field. We seem to do well with recruiting wrestlers on the dline.
    As an organization, we (USA Wrestling) have been trying to convinced this fact to many football-loving states, especially Texas. Many of those high school coaches don't want their kids in other sports.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    As an organization, we (USA Wrestling) have been trying to convinced this fact to many football-loving states, especially Texas. Many of those high school coaches don't want their kids in other sports.
    Not sure why. Playing other sports develops other skills. Like when a basketball player takes 1 hand pass and boxes out and fights for a rebound or develops jumping skills... Skills come in handy when going for a jump ball. Baseball players have killer hand eye coordination. Discus and javellyn have insanely powerful shoulders and forearms. Sprinters are... Freaking fast. Soccer players have amazing footspeed
    Wrestlers probably have zero problem playing with a good pad level and using leverage plus they are in such good shape it's freaking ridiculous.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He will be a real man when he returns in two years from his mission. I think it is great that the coaching staff would do their due diligence and then conclude that he was worth waiting two years for, which makes me all that more excited to see him on the field in a few years. Some of the best DL in the 80s were wrestlers. They really understand center of gravity. Glad the Bison are going back to that tradition. Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not sure why. Playing other sports develops other skills. Like when a basketball player takes 1 hand pass and boxes out and fights for a rebound or develops jumping skills... Skills come in handy when going for a jump ball. Baseball players have killer hand eye coordination. Discus and javellyn have insanely powerful shoulders and forearms. Sprinters are... Freaking fast. Soccer players have amazing footspeed
    Wrestlers probably have zero problem playing with a good pad level and using leverage plus they are in such good shape it's freaking ridiculous.
    Lots of high school coaches are stubborn and only want their athletes under their control. We run into the same issue with high school wrestling coaches who don’t want their kids wrestling the Olympic styles (freestyle and Greco-Roman) in the Spring and Summer.

Personally, I push for kids to be well-round and not focused on one sport. When I was in the Events department, I dealt with a lot of parents who had extremely talented young wrestlers who participated/train wrestling all year. I told a few of the parents, along with their kid, that they need to enjoy other sports during the off-season. Most were “nope, little Johnny loves the sport and will go nonstop because he’s going to be an Olympian one day.” Most of those kids probably didn’t make it past the ninth grade, let alone a DI athlete.

These parents should look at how Russia trains their youth. No competition till they’re about 13 years old. Before that, it’s all practice, which involves technique development and lots of tumbling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    He will be a real man when he returns in two years from his mission. I think it is great that the coaching staff would do their due diligence and then conclude that he was worth waiting two years for, which makes me all that more excited to see him on the field in a few years. Some of the best DL in the 80s were wrestlers. They really understand center of gravity. Glad the Bison are going back to that tradition. Go Bison!
    I believe you're thinking of the wrong player. I believe Ewing is the one going on the mission....not Evans.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!