Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FCS Elite Programs

Default Re: FCS Elite Programs

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    What about Weber? They were the only team to scare JMU this year in the playoffs. That game has aged quite well.
    Weber was a decent team. Yes...they gave JMU a big scare.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Are we talking "Joe Flacco elite" here?

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Sam Houston is an elite program. They've made it to the semis six times and the championship game twice. Nobody but NDSU has more playoff wins this decade. And they've smacked the ever-living snot out of a ton of "power conference" teams while doing so.

The only way that they wouldn't be considered elite is if the minimum qualification is a national championship in the last x years.
    this is what i'm curious, I posted the SHSU playoff record, so i'm not sure what the qualification is, if it was any other team with that history im sure they would be Elite, we have had to play them 4 times in our run, 2 Title games and 2 Semi Finals, that's pretty damn good for as much crap as they get.

I don't know, it is just hard for me to call a program elite when I have zero confidence in their coaching staff actually being able to win a title. Montana was similar when they hired Stitt, they are historically elite but that guy was never going to take them anywhere.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sam Houston is a has been. Nothing elite about them

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    this is what i'm curious, I posted the SHSU playoff record, so i'm not sure what the qualification is, if it was any other team with that history im sure they would be Elite, we have had to play them 4 times in our run, 2 Title games and 2 Semi Finals, that's pretty damn good for as much crap as they get.
    Then this is an argument to include SDSU. They've just run into us earlier and it could be argued have played better games than SHSU.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Then this is an argument to include SDSU. They've just run into us earlier and it could be argued have played better games than SHSU.
    Absolutely, SDSU should be

from what I get is most think NDSU and JMU are the only Elite, JMU won 1 title so far in the past 10 years. What happens if they get blown out by NDSU or Vice versa being some of the criteria is Margin of Loss to top teams

What if the MVFC succeeds from the Union and becomes an FBS conference???

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    JMU
    SDSU(for now, we'll see how they do without their 2 horses)
    Montana
    EWU
    JSU
    SHSU
    YSU
    Montana St
    UNI

Nice of you to list them in ascending level of quality and saving the best for last.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016