Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Elite Programs

Default FCS Elite Programs

A friend got me thinking about this. Looking for some BV input.
    Keeler from SHSU kept talking as though his program belongs in the elite category however scores tell otherwise. Sam has lost in the playoffs the last 7 years by combined scores of 303-91 (43-13 average score) and it has become worse since Keeler arrived (35-3, 62-10, 65-7,55-13).
    Who are the other truly elite programs in FCS (other than NDSU)?

Default Re: FCS Elite Programs

I'd have to agree with him. Even considering the blowouts, SHSU has been the most consistent team year to year besides NDSU. I think JMU will be there, but it's too early to tell.

JMU
    SDSU(for now, we'll see how they do without their 2 horses)
    Montana

EWU
    JSU
    SHSU
    YSU
    Montana St

UNI

Define elite.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Keeler from SHSU kept talking as though his program belongs in the elite category however scores tell otherwise. Sam has lost in the playoffs the last 7 years by combined scores of 303-91 (43-13 average score) and it has become worse since Keeler arrived (35-3, 62-10, 65-7,55-13).
    JMU, just ask the hosers. Honestly, NDSU has been able to sustain unlike anyone else. I guess I would say SHSU, JMU, EWU and SDSU.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    JMU
    SDSU(for now, we'll see how they do without their 2 horses)
    Montana

EWU
    JSU
    SHSU
    YSU
    Montana St

UNI
    Montana above YSU?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Montana above YSU?
    I go off of following. Montanas sustained it through a rough patch. YSU hasn't done anything in over 20 years and nobody is intimidated by a loud ass Penguin noise every 3rd down.. Montanas closing in on that 20 yr plateau and will likely hit it..but at least they have WaGrizz to fall back on. We'll see what their old coach can do again, now that they moved on from that failed D2 experiment that was never going to work

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I go off of following. Montanas sustained it through a rough patch. YSU hasn't done anything in over 20 years and nobody is intimidated by a loud ass Penguin noise every 3rd down.. Montanas closing in on that 20 yr plateau and will likely hit it..but at least they have WaGrizz to fall back on. We'll see what their old coach can do again, now that they moved on from that failed D2 experiment that was never going to work
    Uh, didn't YSU play in the title game last year? And they are tough almost every year. That's something in my book. They'd win the Southland 9 out of 10 years. Still, I wouldn't call them elite. "Storied" would fit better.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Well I think he was trying to say that but what he actually said is that they were the third wheel. I agree with what he said.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/437414...-elite-program

Elite programs. Probably an annual team from either the CAA or Missouri Valley. Once every 5 years someone emerges from the Big Sky and once a decade you find a tram from another Conference

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com