Page 75 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I keep saying this "Culture" started for football in 2004. They played approximately 330 games without the streamers (estimation).

They've only used streamers for about 35% of their games.
    I assume you are counting all games and not just hope games. So it could even be less.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I rewatched that game earlier this week for the first time ever and I could tell how much I had tried to wipe it from my memory because it really was an even game. NDSU got dominated for most of the 1st half but they completely dominated the 3rd quarter before JMU took control back in the 4th. It easily could've been a different outcome had one or two plays in that 4th gone differently but credit to JMU for making those plays in crunch time, they definitely deserved to win that one.
    Lack of DeLuca and Tangway all game stopping runs between the tackles put NDSU behind the 8-ball all game.
    When NDSU couldnt convert points off of a turnover middle of 4th qtr really set things up for JMU.

JMU with their ability to get away with single coverage on CB's were able to limit our run game by getting alot of kids to LOS against our run game.

Hope to see play action with TE on seam routs to keep 8+ out of the box, and some well schemed and executed rub plays by TE/WR's 10+ yards into routes to keep the hands off WR's and show nice separation for Easton.......

Keep them limited with #'s in the box, NDSU's run game will pound them.......

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think our oline is better as a unit than last year too. JMU will make things difficult for us in the run game but I think we can do some things. I actually thought Weber did a decent job running the ball in the second half in their game when they didn't just run the QB and used their RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I assume you are counting all games and not just hope games. So it could even be less.
    Yeah. that's what I mean. I know Richmond won't let them from what I've seen. Seems like a lot of crying for nothing. I can see them being total dicks over it. They seem super dickish.

As for this game (gotta talk about football sometime). I agree that they are NOT going to see the same team they did last year. They seem to be under the impression that they have played way better teams than this one in the last 2 years (spoiler: you haven't). I agree with the earlier notion that I'm going to be glad to be there so I don't have to see the Mike Houston stroke inducing pregame yelling spree.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A well-timed screen pass or two could go a long ways also. Utilize their aggressive pass rush against them or call a screen against the flow of the play action to try to get their LBs to over pursue. They called one screen pass last year that I recall and JMU's LB Steele (who was everywhere that game) read it like a book.

Hopefully Bruce keeps the vision and patience he had against SHSU and utilizes the cutback lanes instead of running into the backs of his blockers like he was doing earlier in the year. They need to make that JMU defense pay if they over pursue.

Our total team is better this year. Big Nate, Nick and now Jabril all on defense. Easton not dinged up, RJ is always RJ. Bruce happy and healthy. Yes Brooks, Allison and Wimbush injuries suck. But we can over come those. Still going to be a tough game but I give the big edge to NDSU.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Our total team is better this year. Big Nate, Nick and now Jabril all on defense. Easton not dinged up, RJ is always RJ. Bruce happy and healthy. Yes Brooks, Allison and Wimbush injuries suck. But we can over come those. Still going to be a tough game but I give the big edge to NDSU.
    The change in LB talent they they're going to see compared to last year's game is ridiculous. They didn't see Nick or Jabril and they saw a shell of PGT.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by sbark View Post
    Lack of DeLuca and Tangway all game stopping runs between the tackles put NDSU behind the 8-ball all game.
    When NDSU couldnt convert points off of a turnover middle of 4th qtr really set things up for JMU.

JMU with their ability to get away with single coverage on CB's were able to limit our run game by getting alot of kids to LOS against our run game.

Hope to see play action with TE on seam routs to keep 8+ out of the box, and some well schemed and executed rub plays by TE/WR's 10+ yards into routes to keep the hands off WR's and show nice separation for Easton.......

Keep them limited with #'s in the box, NDSU's run game will pound them.......
    Run plays that involved change of direction burned them pretty bad in last year’s game due to them selling out on stopping the power run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yeah. that's what I mean. I know Richmond won't let them from what I've seen.

Streamergate is way overblown and a nonissue - fans will still throw them and nothing will change. However, Richmond fans themselves tried to adopt the tradition and started throwing red and blue streamers at their games. Same for UVA fans. In both instances neither team had enough fans to make anything happen.

Streamers or no both teams have huge challenges ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDukes View Post
    Streamergate is way overblown and a nonissue - fans will still throw them and nothing will change. However, Richmond fans themselves tried to adopt the tradition and started throwing red and blue streamers at their games. Same for UVA fans. In both instances neither team had enough fans to make anything happen.

Streamers or no both teams have huge challenges ahead of them.
    Dangitman! We want outrage! What else are we going to talk about? Stop being reasonable!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]