Page 68 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

More media coverage-

http://www.breezejmu.org/opinion/edi...1285e06a9.html

and that petition has close to 4000 signatures now.

https://www.change.org/p/ncaa-lift-t...l-championship

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    This whole “stramergate” is just a filler since the game is still over 2 weeks away. Hopefully football talk abput the actual game will kick in after Christmas. We can all agree that not allowing streamers is pretty dumb, the feeakout over it is pretty dumb, and the trolling by Bison fans is pretty dumb. The JMU team and their fanbase deserve respect from us just as our team and fans deserve reapect from them. This is going to be a hell of a game between the undisputed two best teams in the FCS. Message board fun is one thing. When we will all get to Frisco, I think we all have fun together, tailgate together, talk football together, and cheer for our teams in a respectful manner. I also expect the majority of each fanbase to congratulate each other after the game, whether you are on the winning team or losing team.
    I agree. Going to be a great game. Two great teams, excellent coaching staffs, and passionate fan bases.

Football discussion seems to turn just as ugly, thankfully it's all determined on the field.

This whole “stramergate” is just a filler since the game is still over 2 weeks away. Hopefully football talk abput the actual game will kick in after Christmas. We can all agree that not allowing streamers is pretty dumb, the feeakout over it is pretty dumb, and the trolling by Bison fans is pretty dumb. The JMU team and their fanbase deserve respect from us just as our team and fans deserve reapect from them. This is going to be a hell of a game between the undisputed two best teams in the FCS. Message board fun is one thing. When we will all get to Frisco, I think we all have fun together, tailgate together, talk football together, and cheer for our teams in a respectful manner. I also expect the majority of each fanbase to congratulate each other after the game, whether you are on the winning team or losing team.
    Wait, there's going to be game?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post

Yet we are accused of being obsessed with streamers?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    Yet we are accused of being obsessed with streamers?
    This is just f'n adorable

I attended the JMU Championship last year (Alum '16) and heard several Youngstown St. fans openly insult how many JMU fans were at the game. This ban came from them feeling "unsafe" but how unsafe can a roll of paper be? There has never been a problem with the streamers until JMU's return to the stadium. The tradition has been going on for years, and I see it as favoritism towards NDSU since the rule was handed down on Dec. 18th, and not sooner. If it was such a problem, it should have been handed down much sooner. This is just leverage for NDSU

-- We don't care

I am a huge fan of JMU and this streamer tradition is very special to us all! Please allow us to continue to support our school in this way!

-- I'll tell you what's special

I do not promote descriminarion. I have lost way too many friends fighting for our country for the NCAA to ban a JMU tradition with absolutely no notice before the biggest game of the year.

-- I don't even know what descriminarion is, but 3 weeks is a lot of notice.

If its been the tradition for the last 40 years or so why band it now. It's all in fun....

-- actually 13 but who's counting?

Because the rule is meant to squash one school’s traditions while leaving the other alone. Neutral site means elements from BOTH teams home field should be present.

-- we still don't care

Traditions and our unyeilding school spirt like throwing streamers at football games are what make me love JMU! We should be able to support our team and show this! #freethestreamers

-- looks like he'll hate JMU
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    More media coverage-

http://www.breezejmu.org/opinion/edi...1285e06a9.html

This is so entertaining for something so meaningless you would think it is the offseason.

Chess and Checkers baby, Chess and Checkers!!!!!!!

yep...x and o chat will come after the new year.

I gotta tell you I expected a little bit more from a team that loves to Crow about how they have been there before

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    This is just f'n adorable
    meanwhile back in Fargo the media and fans are twittering their fingers celebrating the new recruiting class and Laughing their asses off

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    meanwhile back in Fargo the media and fans are twittering their fingers celebrating the new recruiting class and Laughing their asses off
    right? of course, they are equating this to stigs stink over the intro video.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do not promote descriminarion. I have lost way too many friends fighting for our country for the NCAA to ban a JMU tradition with absolutely no notice before the biggest game of the year.

Yes, because Belleau Wood, Iwo Jima, Normandy and Chosin Reservoir were all fought for GD streamers. I hope this idiot thinks about what he just said. He really needs to walk around and apologize to every tree that he sees for wasting the oxygen the tree worked so hard to make.