Page 117 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Interesting how this clearly worded and reasoned explanation for the streamer ban is being met with profane claims of defiance and promises that the ban will be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    No one to blame but themselves it seems.
    Yep....They were inconsiderate slobs and are paying for it this year.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

but muh tradition!?!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by tke View Post
    My favorite response is the JMU saying this is done to give the Bison a leg up. Clearly JMU players gather strength from the tossing of streamers. It's like Samson with his hair. Makes perfect sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    My current mood reading the twitter replies...

https://twitter.com/NCAA_FCS/status/946828420335353856

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Interesting how this clearly worded and reasoned explanation for the streamer ban is being met with profane claims of defiance and promises that the ban will be broken.
    Hahahha! The main response I've seen on twitter is that nefarious Bison fans are going to throw streamers to get JMU in trouble.

No Bison fan is going to bring streamers, rule or not, because it's a football game, not...

- a 1930's cruise ship departure
    - an eighth grade prom
    - a nine-year old's Barney-themed birthday party
    - a New Year's Eve celebration in a budget motel's second-best conference room

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hahahha! The main response I've seen on twitter is that nefarious Bison fans are going to throw streamers to get JMU in trouble.

No Bison fan is going to bring streamers, rule or not, because it's a football game, not...

- a 1930's cruise ship departure
    - an eighth grade prom
    - a nine-year old's Barney-themed birthday party
    - a New Year's Eve celebration in a budget motel's second-best conference room
    It's funny their own actions last year is what prompted the NCAA to create the ban and their actions afterwards is going to be what makes them enforce it. All the bravado about throwing more than they would have otherwise is only going to force the NCAA to work to enforce their rules.

They can blame Bison and YSU fans all they want but they are their own worst enemies. #NoStreamersNoConcessions

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Guess what?

Our defense is stifling
    Our offense is dynamic
    Our coaches are experienced
    We have been here before, lots of times

They need to be very afraid of losing to us.
    ill put it out there. SU by 2 TD Jmu does not break 20.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    ill put it out there. SU by 2 TD Jmu does not break 20.
    If they start slow as they claim they do, they are going to be in trouble.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I understand their reasoning with the streamers (actually no purple)
    It's all fun and games until someone puts an eye out...

And gets a lawyer
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I have to say it. You win the game in the trenches. The Rams have been getting meaner every game. The regular season was bookended with 600+ yards of offense games. I am impressed by SHSU getting out of the Fargodome with only giving up one sack against the 8 man rotation, but they had him running. If JMU starts out slow, they may get forced into being one dimensional and having to pass a lot. 99 times out of a 100, you are not going to beat the Bison passing the ball.

I know no one likes McFeely, but he did have a pretty good article about how many times the Bison have been beaten decisively in the past 7 years. I tend to agree with him here. It has been twice. SDSU and UNI. The two programs who spend every waking moment looking for ways to beat the Bison. The Bison has to work against the entire field and does not get that opportunity to focus more than 6 days against anyone, except after the semi finals and a bye. In both cases they haven't lost in a very long time.

JMU fans are kind of funny. I think it is very impressive their school beat the Bison in the dome last season. They won a championship. The mark used to be 2 before you get talked about among the greatest. The mark is now 5. All NDSU has to do is win and in the long run, JMU becomes a footnote. That is a lot of pressure. NDSU wins and the focus returns to the continued dynasty with a small hiccup. A footnote. JMU isn't playing for a national championship, they are playing to avoid becoming a football history footnote. NDSU has no pressure. They lose and it is only the second playoff loss in 7 years and are still a dynasty. NDSU wins and everything else is completely forgotten about. Sadly, that will also be the 2016 champion. Who was that school that won in the middle of NDSU's great run? I don't know.