Page 112 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    Funny, I'm calling it 10 points for JMU. Maybe 27-17?
    The big difference though is that he is right and you are wrong.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hahaha! You're being modest. JMU won 50 or more games in each of the past two seasons. Not to mention that JMU has hosted an NCAA regional - something NDSU has never done.

Point is, JMU softball is pretty dang good.
    They are/were, but I'll be really honest and tell you I despised our former coach as a person. He left for Auburn in August, so I'll support softball again. Let's just say he belongs at Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Hey Steeler's been a good dude over here. It's fun to hear from reasonable fans. He has a right to feel confident about his team just like we do.
    I have yet to hear from a JMU fan who feels we have a right to feel confident about our team.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I have yet to hear from a JMU fan who feels we have a right to feel confident about our team.
    Then I'll be the first. You have every right to feel confident in your team, and there are a lot of reasons why. From my perspective it's a pretty even matchup, though no one has ever accused me of being much of a prognosticator (I'm really more of a homer). I can't see this being a high scoring game, but I do think it will be decided late. On paper I just don't see a lot of differences in these teams. Both teams have a right to be confident, great coaches and great players on both sides. Any JMU fan openly discounting the Bison is either not very knowledgeable or they're just trying to get a reaction, like last year we'll know that things have to break our way to end up on top. I actually think this win streak could work against us, as can being the #1 seed. Mentally it could be the leverage the Bison need to want it a little bit more, that's on the coaches and the senior leadership to overcome. Losing isn't always the worst thing that can happen, and losing to SDSU combined with losing to JMU to end last season might be the extra motivation you need. We'll see how it plays out.

I'll add, while I think we have an advantage (over all FCS teams) in our secondary I think the Bison have an advantage on the o-line. MOST games play out where that o-line advantage makes the bigger difference, SDSU fed directly into our strength going away from the run (they were successful with it). 7 interceptions should have never happened, same thing happened with Stony Brook. I doubt the Bison will go away from the strength unless we can force them to.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My luck the Vikings will beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl......
    That doesn't sound like such a bad thing

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It isn't like we are going to convince JMU fans we are going to win and they aren't going to convince us they will win. It's been a long 2 weeks. This next week is going to drag on.

I'm going to start pronouncing our oppenent's name the correct way:

James Madizun

Then I'll be the first. You have every right to feel confident in your team, and there are a lot of reasons why. From my perspective it's a pretty even matchup, though no one has ever accused me of being much of a prognosticator (I'm really more of a homer). I can't see this being a high scoring game, but I do think it will be decided late. On paper I just don't see a lot of differences in these teams. Both teams have a right to be confident, great coaches and great players on both sides. Any JMU fan openly discounting the Bison is either not very knowledgeable or they're just trying to get a reaction, like last year we'll know that things have to break our way to end up on top. I actually think this win streak could work against us, as can being the #1 seed. Mentally it could be the leverage the Bison need to want it a little bit more, that's on the coaches and the senior leadership to overcome. Losing isn't always the worst thing that can happen, and losing to SDSU combined with losing to JMU to end last season might be the extra motivation you need. We'll see how it plays out.

I'll add, while I think we have an advantage (over all FCS teams) in our secondary I think the Bison have an advantage on the o-line. MOST games play out where that o-line advantage makes the bigger difference, SDSU fed directly into our strength going away from the run (they were successful with it). 7 interceptions should have never happened, same thing happened with Stony Brook. I doubt the Bison will go away from the strength unless we can force them to.
    It's happened more often than you think. The SDSU game, for instance.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It's happened more often than you think. The SDSU game, for instance.
    Yeah, I watched your game with them (ESPN3 is the greatest). I also watched a couple of your other games (know thine enemy), but I think the most definitive game I watched (other than my trip to the Fargo Dome) was your playoff win over SDSU last year. That one drive that was like 12 minutes long was like watching a boa constrictor kill it's prey, ended the game right there. We need to have you with more 3 and out type drives, and we need to win the 3rd quarter.

Yeah, I watched your game with them (ESPN3 is the greatest). I also watched a couple of your other games (know thine enemy), but I think the most definitive game I watched (other than my trip to the Fargo Dome) was your playoff win over SDSU last year. That one drive that was like 12 minutes long was like watching a boa constrictor kill it's prey, ended the game right there. We need to have you with more 3 and out type drives, and we need to win the 3rd quarter.
    there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't have done it again this year. It was more disappointing than anything. For as much as SDSU is a vaunted MVFC team, they do not have a MVFC defense. They aren't as squishy as Sam Houston but points were to be had on them and we blew it. I do have to say, when you see the upward trajectory the team has had since then, it's easy to look at that game as an outlier.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯