Page 108 of 161 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Meh... that's still TBD I think. 2011 SHSU had a darn good team. 2014 Illinois St was best equipped to beat the Bison in any championship game so far. 2015 Jacksonville St was coming off a bigger semifinal blowout win than JMU is this year.

Let's just see what happens on 1/6 before we "crown" them.
    Uh, we're already crowned.....but no doubt NDSU will be the toughest team we've ever played in the final

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I keep hearing/seeing this. It was said many times last year. How does a first year(now second year) coach get credit for building a team? It bugs me every time I see/hear it because when I think about building a team I think about recruiting and developing, strength training, etc. Not change of coaching philosophy. Honest question
    He took another's coaches talent and tweaked it a little. Who is to say that the coach they had before Houston would not have done just as well if not even better with last years JMU team. You gotta give him 2-3 more years of coaching and see where his kids end up. Just like now we are seeing what all of coach Ks kids can do after Bohls kids were finished.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    He took another's coaches talent and tweaked it a little. Who is to say that the coach they had before Houston would not have done just as well if not even better with last years JMU team. You gotta give him 2-3 more years of coaching and see where his kids end up. Just like now we are seeing what all of coach Ks kids can do after Bohls kids were finished.
    I can say with 100% confidence that the previous coach would not have had last year's success. You don't lose to Liberty and Colgate in the first round your first 2 years, and relegate Brian Schor to the trash-heap, then suddenly get your head out of your butt. Houston has had success at every stop along the way, 6 Coach of the Year awards in 7 years as a collegiate head coach. Being a great recruiter is a far cry from being a great head coach. Mathews was a good recruiter and good head coach, Withers was a great recruiter and a terrible head coach, Houston is a great head coach who is smart enough to hire top notch guys to handle recruiting and maintain a very high level. Bryan Stinespring, Fontel Mines and Byron Thweatt are all regarded as top notch recruiters in our geographic territory.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Am I the only one here that is envisioning a guy in southern New Jersey with a little extra time on his hands lately possibly having a hand in the game planning, and coaching up Easton for the best game of his life? I don't know... I just have this guy feeling that Easton is going to play the best game of his career... it's probably just wishful thinking, but you never know.
    Two words: YES. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    I can say with 100% confidence that the previous coach would not have had last year's success. You don't lose to Liberty and Colgate in the first round your first 2 years, and relegate Brian Schor to the trash-heap, then suddenly get your head out of your butt. Houston has had success at every stop along the way, 6 Coach of the Year awards in 7 years as a collegiate head coach. Being a great recruiter is a far cry from being a great head coach. Mathews was a good recruiter and good head coach, Withers was a great recruiter and a terrible head coach, Houston is a great head coach who is smart enough to hire top notch guys to handle recruiting and maintain a very high level. Bryan Stinespring, Fontel Mines and Byron Thweatt are all regarded as top notch recruiters in our geographic territory.
    I am totally on board with everything that you and others are saying as to how it happened it just makes me laugh when it's talked about as Houston built the program. He even said it himself last year the he built the team to beat NDSU - smh still don't know how he "built" a team/program in one year. It's really not a big deal and I'm not trying to argue it's just one of those things that bothers me way more than it should.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Am I the only one here that is envisioning a guy in southern New Jersey with a little extra time on his hands lately possibly having a hand in the game planning, and coaching up Easton for the best game of his life? I don't know... I just have this guy feeling that Easton is going to play the best game of his career... it's probably just wishful thinking, but you never know.
    I am from central NJ by the way not southern, and I am not sure my strength is at the QB position but if you want me to help him then ok, does anyone have his cell number, lol.

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I am totally on board with everything that you and others are saying as to how it happened it just makes me laugh when it's talked about as Houston built the program. He even said it himself last year the he built the team to beat NDSU - smh still don't know how he "built" a team/program in one year. It's really not a big deal and I'm not trying to argue it's just one of those things that bothers me way more than it should.
    He didn't build squat, he is training another coaches recruits in his system. We will see what kind of a builder of programs he is in another 2-3 years.

He didn't build squat, he is training another coaches recruits in his system. We will see what kind of a builder of programs he is in another 2-3 years.
    Yes, time will tell the tale. What I do know is that we aren't losing 1st round home playoff games to teams named after a popular brand of toothpaste.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    I'm a much bigger jackass in person.........just ask my wife.

Bulldog had a son that was a stud OL on our 2008 semifinalist team. Edit....son in law
    Well that makes him an expert no doubt!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I would bet that we won't. I do not believe he will be at this level that long. Contracts mean nothing except for the buyout price.