Page 105 of 161 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    per DOM Izzo, "NDSU head coach Chris Klieman says on #FCSChamp teleconference: "think we'll get Dom Davis back, outside chance to get Jalen Allison and Jaylaan Wimbush back."
    Comment on Allison is probably gamesmanship. I'd be shocked to see him playing in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Comment on Allison is probably gamesmanship. I'd be shocked to see him playing in Frisco.
    at least they don't need surgery and will be ready for fall camp.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    at least they don't need surgery and will be ready for fall camp.
    Even that's surprising. I thought for sure Allison tore his ACL.

This is the JMU SDSU first quarter for JMU

Start on
    JMU 21 7 plays 45 yards Punt
    SDSU 5 3 plays 5 yards TD
    JMU 25 4 plays 5 yards Punt
    JMU42 3 plays 4 yards Turn over
    JMU 11 6 plays 16 yards Punt

Things that make you go hmmmmm

As for the game itself, our offense hasn't clicked on all cylinders for an entire game all year. Most of that is injury driven, we already knew the O-Line had some big holes to fill and now a bunch of the projected starters are out. We've been down skill players, if we get one back another goes out. I also think the explosive offense isn't really the preferred m.o. for this coaching staff, they seem to prefer a more conservative approach and once we have a lead strangle the life out of the other team. When we've needed to turn it up, we have. However, that can be playing with fire and as we saw with Weber we almost got burned.

The SDSU game talk is a little misleading, a bunch of those first half TO's were in our end. If anything, it was more indicative of what our D was giving up in terms of yards than what our O wasn't getting done. Our O did in that game what we've done all year in most games, just enough in the first half and put the hammer down in the second half. We make adjustments as well as any staff in the country, and that's been a consistent theme from day 1 with these coaches. I think looking at our O last year and comparing the two is misleading, because our D wasn't nearly as tough as it is now and we play like we don't have to score 50 to win. For those of you who watched the Youngstown game last year, I think that is more a taste of what this staff prefers. Get in control and just eat the game away playing D.

All of that being said, I think the key for you will be how much pressure do we get on Stick and how does he handle it. SDSU and Stony Brook didn't handle it at all, and we forced 15 TO's. Cantwell and Weber took that punch in the mouth and delivered a couple back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    This is the JMU SDSU first quarter for JMU

Start on
    JMU 21 7 plays 45 yards Punt
    SDSU 5 3 plays 5 yards TD
    JMU 25 4 plays 5 yards Punt
    JMU42 3 plays 4 yards Turn over
    JMU 11 6 plays 16 yards Punt

Things that make you go hmmmmm
    JMU blew out SDSU because of poor gap assignment and tackling on inside runs. They pretty much looked like SHSU vs NDSU. Huge gains on simple inside runs. NDSU's and JMU's defenses are not going to be beat the same way.

How you don't score more than 7 points with 5 turnovers should be a cause for concern. Bisonville would be in full meltdown mode roasting the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    JMU blew out SDSU because of poor gap assignment and tackling on inside runs. They pretty much looked like SHSU vs NDSU. Huge gains on simple inside runs. NDSU's and JMU's defenses are not going to be beat the same way.

How you don't score more than 7 points with 5 turnovers should be a cause for concern. Bisonville would be in full meltdown mode roasting the OC.
    Scoring is troubling in it's self but they didn't move the ball on the vaunted SDSU D.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    As for the game itself, our offense hasn't clicked on all cylinders for an entire game all year. Most of that is injury driven, we already knew the O-Line had some big holes to fill and now a bunch of the projected starters are out. We've been down skill players, if we get one back another goes out. I also think the explosive offense isn't really the preferred m.o. for this coaching staff, they seem to prefer a more conservative approach and once we have a lead strangle the life out of the other team. When we've needed to turn it up, we have. However, that can be playing with fire and as we saw with Weber we almost got burned.

The SDSU game talk is a little misleading, a bunch of those first half TO's were in our end. If anything, it was more indicative of what our D was giving up in terms of yards than what our O wasn't getting done. Our O did in that game what we've done all year in most games, just enough in the first half and put the hammer down in the second half. We make adjustments as well as any staff in the country, and that's been a consistent theme from day 1 with these coaches. I think looking at our O last year and comparing the two is misleading, because our D wasn't nearly as tough as it is now and we play like we don't have to score 50 to win. For those of you who watched the Youngstown game last year, I think that is more a taste of what this staff prefers. Get in control and just eat the game away playing D.

All of that being said, I think the key for you will be how much pressure do we get on Stick and how does he handle it. SDSU and Stony Brook didn't handle it at all, and we forced 15 TO's. Cantwell and Weber took that punch in the mouth and delivered a couple back.
    I think that's the key for both teams actually. Stick can not turn the ball over like he did at SDSU for NDSU to win this game. Our dline has to get pressure on Schor and not allow him to extend plays like he did last year.

Are you expecting to get most of your players back for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    This will be interesting to watch because we have been lucky to have two straight coaching staffs that make great (sans the SDSU game this year) in game adjustments and many times don't see the other team adjusting to things that we are doing to them. One thing is for sure both these teams rely on something that no other team can adjust for and that is tough nosed offense and clamp down defense, wearing out the other team in the second half. I feel like even if the score does get lopsided you are going to see two completely exhausted teams at the end of this one with the depth and strength both have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Scoring is troubling in it's self but they didn't move the ball on the vaunted SDSU D.
    Despite how the game turned out, the offense still moved the ball fairly well overall against SDSU. 3rd worst yards total ahead of Ill. St and UNI games. 225 passing and 100 rushing. That's the one thing that I remember most about that game. We still moved the ball well. Just gave it away too many times.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.