Page 120 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    We don't run a 3-4, we run a 4-2-5.
    Which would explain why I haven't really noticed your LBs in the games I've watched, there's only 2 of them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    We don't run a 3-4, we run a 4-2-5.
    Even better! Watching Bruuuuuuuce run over defensive backs all day is one of my favorite things.

Seriously though, I like the prospect of playing a 4-2-5 defense with our strengths. Putting choices onto the shoulders of those flex players will eventually lead to big plays...

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The reason you can't remember it during your time in college was it started at football games in 2004. If you are over 35, you didn't have it in college.
    Wait, are we talking about streamers or a "rivalry" with SDSU?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Which would explain why I haven't really noticed your LBs in the games I've watched, there's only 2 of them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, they make a lot of tackles but our DL funnels a lot of plays to them. Hawkins, Little, Maginley (made the big hit on the first SDSU fumble), Word, Hereford, Carter Jr. Good, athletic players, lots of speed, lots of rotating. Little is a Maryland transfer, Word is from UVA. Up front is where we win a lot of games, we'll blitz some but a lot of pressure is applied by our front 4. A lot of the "memorable" plays in each game come from Ankrah up front and Moreland, Robinson or Greene in the secondary. Jordan Brown is sort of a hybrid strong safety/KAT LB type of player, good in underneath coverage.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonlax44 View Post
    This. So much this. Why is no one talking about how much of an advantage we have with our OL over their DL? We have the BEST COACHED OL IN ALL OF FCS and their DL not only runs a 3-4 scheme (allowing lots of combo block schemes and pulls) but they're also built for rushing the passer. And what happens when they make these fabled in-game defensive adjustments? We've seen it for years: bootleg to the TE, QB run, or RB out of the backfield and a big play. I've read a lot of posts here about CK having to come up with a good game plan, but in reality it seems to be the exact opposite. Until JMU proves that they can stop the run routinely, they're going to be in for a long game. I don't think I've seen too much depth on their DL in terms of rotation, mostly #74, #93 and #94, so Rams could easily wear them down if we're able to sustain drives. They are not use to this, after all... they have relied on their defense to not give up yards and give the ball back to their offense. Challenge this "weakness"!!

Don't want to see much of the Stretch or Speed Option, but rather a straight-ahead, off-tackle, Ram it down their throats type of power game. Pure Bison football.
    Just curious as to why you think our o-line has any advantage over their D-line. They have some D players (not sure which are linemen) that have some pretty impressive numbers. Last year's o-line certainly didn't dominate them. Maybe we do, just wondering what leads you to that conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Just curious as to why you think our o-line has any advantage over their D-line. They have some D players (not sure which are linemen) that have some pretty impressive numbers. Last year's o-line certainly didn't dominate them. Maybe we do, just wondering what leads you to that conclusion
    Blind optimism.

Willful ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I have to say it. You win the game in the trenches. The Rams have been getting meaner every game. The regular season was bookended with 600+ yards of offense games. I am impressed by SHSU getting out of the Fargodome with only giving up one sack against the 8 man rotation, but they had him running. If JMU starts out slow, they may get forced into being one dimensional and having to pass a lot. 99 times out of a 100, you are not going to beat the Bison passing the ball.

I know no one likes McFeely, but he did have a pretty good article about how many times the Bison have been beaten decisively in the past 7 years. I tend to agree with him here. It has been twice. SDSU and UNI. The two programs who spend every waking moment looking for ways to beat the Bison. The Bison has to work against the entire field and does not get that opportunity to focus more than 6 days against anyone, except after the semi finals and a bye. In both cases they haven't lost in a very long time.

JMU fans are kind of funny. I think it is very impressive their school beat the Bison in the dome last season. They won a championship. The mark used to be 2 before you get talked about among the greatest. The mark is now 5. All NDSU has to do is win and in the long run, JMU becomes a footnote. That is a lot of pressure. NDSU wins and the focus returns to the continued dynasty with a small hiccup. A footnote. JMU isn't playing for a national championship, they are playing to avoid becoming a football history footnote. NDSU has no pressure. They lose and it is only the second playoff loss in 7 years and are still a dynasty. NDSU wins and everything else is completely forgotten about. Sadly, that will also be the 2016 champion. Who was that school that won in the middle of NDSU's great run? I don't know.
    I think both offenses are going to start off slow with such strong defenses. Feel each other out for most of the first half. They take away our passing game a bit. Well need to get a running game going and Stick to make some plays himself. Whomever takes advantage of their opportunities more (like last year) will win

Quote Originally Posted by bisonlax44 View Post
    Even better! Watching Bruuuuuuuce run over defensive backs all day is one of my favorite things.

Seriously though, I like the prospect of playing a 4-2-5 defense with our strengths. Putting choices onto the shoulders of those flex players will eventually lead to big plays...
    A 4-2-5 is basically a more flexible 4-3 I think. The 5th DB is usually just as much of a linebacker as a DB.

Notre Dame's 5th "DB" is 230 lbs.
    College of Business Alumnus

If NDSU treats JMU with the respect they deserve and plays conservative things should go well for the Bison.

If not, coin flip and either team wins by 10+. Maybe Stick has a good game, maybe not. Weather becomes a much bigger factor.

OLine for NDSU is an advantage, but not stark. How OLine is used is the key to the game. Hearing a lot on radio about amazing Bison playoff stats and “playing great since SDSU”. Don’t think that means much- similar to how they looked in non-conference. I was duped into thinking The Bison may run the table. Jacksonville State style.

Some say that Weber game shows weakness in JMU. That looked to me like a team that knows how to win when the crap is hitting the fan for them.

NDSU has an opportunity to call a game with some constitution, and show who they are instead of taking what is given.

Is NDSU practicing outside at all? Be nice if 40 degrees in Frisco felt tropical instead of near freezing.

Tick tick tick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    If NDSU treats JMU with the respect they deserve and plays conservative things should go well for the Bison.

If not, coin flip and either team wins by 10+. Maybe Stick has a good game, maybe not. Weather becomes a much bigger factor.

OLine for NDSU is an advantage, but not stark. How OLine is used is the key to the game. Hearing a lot on radio about amazing Bison playoff stats and “playing great since SDSU”. Don’t think that means much- similar to how they looked in non-conference. I was duped into thinking The Bison may run the table. Jacksonville State style.

Some say that Weber game shows weakness in JMU. That looked to me like a team that knows how to win when the crap is hitting the fan for them.

NDSU has an opportunity to call a game with some constitution, and show who they are instead of taking what is given.

Is NDSU practicing outside at all? Be nice if 40 degrees in Frisco felt tropical instead of near freezing.

Tick tick tick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gotta imagine temp in the bubble is about 10-15 warmer then outdoor air temp