Page 11 of 161 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Yeah James Madison is great so I thought I'd check their schedule for the year...

Team Wins Losses
    Eastern Carolina 3 9
    Eastern Tenn. 4 7
    Norfolk St. 4 7
    Maine 7 4
    Villanova 5 6
    Wm & Mary 2 9
    New Hamp. 9 5
    Rhode Island 3 8
    Richmond 6 5
    Elon 8 4
    Total 55 70
    Could you post NDSU oppos records? I am too lazy, and you seem to be good at math.

Quote Originally Posted by WFBisonFan View Post
    Yeah I don't think you'd want to follow SHSU's plan from 2011...didn't they take an ENTIRE week off before the game?
    I think they took a week plus after their semifinal off. Looking back at the calendar they played their semi on Friday 12/16 and I'm thinking they were off until Monday 12/26 or Tuesday 12/27. I think the Bison only took 3 days (Friday 12/23 through Sunday 12/25) off.

Quote Originally Posted by WFBisonFan View Post
    Yeah I don't think you'd want to follow SHSU's plan from 2011...didn't they take an ENTIRE week off before the game?
    I remember that... did JMU have a similar approach last year, I sort of turned of FCS football after the semi, had a "mourning period"

I remember hearing that they didn't keep the team there for one or two weeks because they couldn't afford housing and meals. Never heard any thing more about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think they took a week plus after their semifinal off. Looking back at the calendar they played their semi on Friday 12/16 and I'm thinking they were off until Monday 12/26 or Tuesday 12/27. I think the Bison only took 3 days (Friday 12/23 through Sunday 12/25) off.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

From JMU message board.

RE: James Madison University vs NDSU
    The reasonable NDSU fans know their team will have more then their hands full.

What are JMU's advantages going into the NC game? As I see it (and these are just the 8 most obvious to me):

1. A superior defense anchored by 3 All-Americans that will shut down NDSU's passing game and stymy their running game.
    2. A superior 4-5 headed JMU receiving corp against a weakened NDSU secondary. Alls, Eldridge, Stapleton, and Hyman (to say nothing about Miller and Kloosterman) will have a field day against second-string CBs.
    3. No home field advantage for NDSU. No "tin can" noise to provoke illegal procedures.
    4. An experienced Sr. JMU QB who has a better than average arm who's already won a NC and can handle the pressure of a big game.
    5. An emerging home-run threat in Marcus Marshall, a RB with elite speed who is just now coming into his own. NDSU's relief that Khalid Abdulla won't play in the rematch is in for a rude awakening when an energized Marshall lines up behind Schor.
    6. A superior coaching staff, that has built a physical, confident team who won't be intimidated and knows it can beat NDSU.
    7. The best band in the entire country to help turn the venue into a BFS home game.
    8. Last, but not least, a JMU fanbase that will be there in force, loud, proud and every bit as supportive as the NDSU fans who attend

Just a bit delusional

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    From JMU message board.

What are JMU's advantages going into the NC game? As I see it (and these are just the 8 most obvious to me):

1. A superior defense anchored by 3 All-Americans that will shut down NDSU's passing game and stymy their running game.
    2. A superior 4-5 headed JMU receiving corp against a weakened NDSU secondary. Alls, Eldridge, Stapleton, and Hyman (to say nothing about Miller and Kloosterman) will have a field day against second-string CBs.
    3. No home field advantage for NDSU. No "tin can" noise to provoke illegal procedures.
    4. An experienced Sr. JMU QB who has a better than average arm who's already won a NC and can handle the pressure of a big game.
    5. An emerging home-run threat in Marcus Marshall, a RB with elite speed who is just now coming into his own. NDSU's relief that Khalid Abdulla won't play in the rematch is in for a rude awakening when an energized Marshall lines up behind Schor.
    6. A superior coaching staff, that has built a physical, confident team who won't be intimidated and knows it can beat NDSU.
    7. The best band in the entire country to help turn the venue into a BFS home game.
    8. Last, but not least, a JMU fanbase that will be there in force, loud, proud and every bit as supportive as the NDSU fans who attend

Just a bit delusional
    I saw that. I was trying to gather my thoughts before commenting over here on it. All I can do now is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    From JMU message board.

Just a bit delusional
    all of that and theyre still 3 point underdogs.lulz

I fucking love it at this level of football, every team NDSU plays has some 3 or 4 headed monster at WR that will be something NDSU has never seen. Then they go on to rattle some pud players who have 5 catches and 2 tds for the season, as if hes someone NDSU has to game plan for.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m impressed with this fanbase’s ability to threaten JSUs as the most irritating we’ve met. Can they keep it up, or will they run out of steam as the game nears? Personally, I think they can maintain, provided they don’t have any piss tests between now and then.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

What happens when half of their fans get thrown out for streamers?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    What happens when half of their fans get thrown out for streamers?
    They left such a fucking mess last year. Trashed the parking lots as well.
    Looking good Billy Ray!