Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Play Bison football
    Win

Simple formula
    Yes...it's a simple formula.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Shit, I forgot. Throw the bowling and bbq contests.

I don't think we ever won those. Can't be coincidence
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JMU's D-line is all about the pass rush. The Jacks were gaining 5 yards a pop on the ground before that game got out of hand.

I also have believe that the Bison are still completely pissed off about losing to this team last year and anger goes a long, long way in football.

Bottom line IMO, is if the Bison do not turn over the ball more than once or twice they will win this game.

JMU has by far the biggest turnover margin of any FCS football team this year. This means, it seems to me, that they are coached and they practice on how to strip the football from RBs and QBs, and get interceptions. Their strategy for interceptions (see Houston's comments after SDSU game) is to pressure the QB into hurried throws and to get into the QB's head resulting in throws before setting the feet, cautious (inaccurate) throws or do throw and pray tosses. If Stick succumbs to this, not good. NDSU's OL (esp the left tackle) will have to bring their A game to protect Stick. Stick had a couple bad passing games mid-season, but has had other good games. He will have to stay on point, not lose his composure, and throw the ball away rather than to a receiver with 2-3 defenders near by.

Bison's offense is quite a bit better than JMU's, it seems. It is JMU's defense (primarily) that has been the main factor in their success this year - so countering this, will, IMO, be the deciding factor in this game.

Hope this isn't TOO dumb a question...

I was at our SHSU game, good view of game, level H:
    >>> Many times, our tacklers seemed to bounce right off their runners!!! This was infuriating to me! Yet...it didn't seem as if we were trying to strip right away. That's dangerous. So.....why were we bouncing off so much?!!

Faron
    Four-Seasons Maui @ Wailea.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    JMU's D-line is all about the pass rush. The Jacks were gaining 5 yards a pop on the ground before that game got out of hand.

I also have believe that the Bison are still completely pissed off about losing to this team last year and anger goes a long, long way in football.
    That's probably the reason they haven't suffered back to back losses to the same team since forever.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JMU is no push over, they have been playing solid all year. They just made a very good SDSU team look lost, the same team that beat us. Injuries are really getting to be a problem, another RB is down and both starting CBs. I know the motto, but there is a reason why the next man up was not starting (not to take anything away from their ambition or desire). what is this now, like our 10th injury to players who are either starters or who get serious playing time. At what point is this to much to overcome.
    All that being said, I do think that JMU has to be the favorite. But I do believe in the Bison. History has shown that many times they were picked to lose or were down in games only to come back and grab victory when it seemed unlikely. If we win, it is going to be a close one, knock down drag out fight, that could very well go down as one of the all time great games. I don't see either team winning by more than one score.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

This will be a slobberknocker....

No doubt that this years team is out to prove that they are championship-worthy especially after what happened in last years semi's against JMU. We have overcome injuries before and will continue to do so. I know Klieman doesn't expect this player or that player to be available but who knows. We may be surprised. The keys to this game will be like another MVFC game:

1. Being able to run the ball.
    2. Controlling the clock.
    3. Win the turnover battle.
    4. Wrap-up..limit the extra yards gained.

This will be the biggest challenge in the Natty for the Bison. It should be a fun one.

Ndsu favored by 3. Total is 43.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Might as well just start this here.
    Thanks

My take FWIW – JMU’s not quite what they were last year and NDSU is a little better. This game will come down to execution and not choking (don't turn the ball over and don’t miss tackles). Whichever team does that better will win, possibly in OT.

If I had to try to identify JMU’s weaknesses I’d say O-line and middle of the front 7 on D? If so, I like how these match up with the Bison. Stapleton (sp?) is a concern. Have to get steady pressure on the QB.

Should be a hell of a game and it's certainly what I've been hoping for over the last 12 months. Go Bison!!!