Page 25 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Abdullah is the piece that I think some are not talking about enough, that guy was a wrecking ball to our defense last year. Marshall who is their lead back now is a solid but he is more of a homerun type of back and our defense does a good job at limiting big plays, especially big rushing plays. I think this will put a lot more pressure on Schor, not saying he can't deliver but it changes the game.

This game will likely be decided by which QB plays better, both are very similar. Really it is shocking how similar NDSU and JMU are.
    Disagree. This game like all others of ours will be decided in the trenches, not by our QB. Sure, Stick will get his runs, but if we are forced to throw the ball that means we aren't running well. If our Oline plays like they have since the SDSU game we will pull away by the end of the third. On their side of the ball, if Schor is allowed to run on pass plays they will be able to keep it close. After watching the SDSU JMU game I was encouraged with how easily the bunnies ran on JMU. Not buying the "we sold out on the peripheral pass D" argument from Duck fans as an excuse.

On twitter, Toyota Stadium reiterated that yes, streamers are prohibited.

More

We have had a few questions in regards to streamers. Streamers are PROHIBITED inside stadium for @NCAA_FCS Championship game on January 6, 2018 per NCAA rules and Toyota Stadium.

https://twitter.com/ToyotaStadiumTX

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This is something that should give all NDSU fans confidence heading into Frisco. I started re-watching last year's JMU game (ugh) and the NDSU LBs just got abused in that game. They were caught out of position on both runs and passes multiple times and I'm just through the 1st quarter. I'm sure some of that was due to great schemes from the JMU offensive coaching staff but this year's Bison LB corps has the ability to make a huge difference compared to last year.
    Speed can make up for that. PGT had a knee injury and wasn't effective. Stumpf had a bad game. Plank is a decent base middle linebacker but he's not fast and DeLuca is on a different planet. Jabril Cox is simply the man and Board is playing at a high level.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Seems to be a lot of crying about it.

Of course, they think it's the little people at the stadium's job to clean it up.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

so many folks seem so eager to talk about just how good JMU is...quickly disregarding just how good NDSU is. Why?

Because JMU beat us last year? Um, that was over 365 days ago...they were a different team then, and so were the Bison.

Because they dismantled SDSU? News flash - I guarantee you if SDSU would have turned the ball over 10 times against us we would have curb stomped them too. Hell we played our worst game of the year and turned the damn thing over 5 times against those clowns and it still was a game with 5 minutes to play. I just don't understand it. In every game over the last six years, NDSU fans have been pouring with pride and confidence, regardless of the opponent. Now all there I hear is a bunch of folks that refuse to face the adversity in front of you. So what if NDSU doesnt have a clear cut advantage in one thing or another - they're still a really fucking good team.

Sure, JMU has a salty group. I think everyone can agree with that. But just as the saying goes "real recognizes real" there should be a hell of a lot of confidence in the boys from Fargo too. As a whole, statistically, NDSU is just as good as JMU. Its like that scares people. When there isn't a clear advantage one way or the other then all of a sudden the biggest factor, and the one talked about the most, is all of a sudden ignored. BISON PRIDE. Its the ability to dig deep, rely on your brothers next to you, and nutting the fuck up when you have a challenge in front of you.

We can go out and humiliate teams year in and year out...but its games like this...when the chips are equally stacked...that continue to forge the legacy of the program.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Seems to be a lot of crying about it.

Of course, they think it's the little people at the stadium's job to clean it up.
    After looking at the mess, could you imagine picking that up after some nice light rain?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    so many folks seem so eager to talk about just how good JMU is...quickly disregarding just how good NDSU is. Why?

Because JMU beat us last year? Um, that was over 365 days ago...they were a different team then, and so were the Bison.

Because they dismantled SDSU? News flash - I guarantee you if SDSU would have turned the ball over 10 times against us we would have curb stomped them too. Hell we played our worst game of the year and turned the damn thing over 5 times against those clowns and it still was a game with 5 minutes to play. I just don't understand it. In every game over the last six years, NDSU fans have been pouring with pride and confidence, regardless of the opponent. Now all there I hear is a bunch of folks that refuse to face the adversity in front of you. So what if NDSU doesnt have a clear cut advantage in one thing or another - they're still a really fucking good team.

Sure, JMU has a salty group. I think everyone can agree with that. But just as the saying goes "real recognizes real" there should be a hell of a lot of confidence in the boys from Fargo too. As a whole, statistically, NDSU is just as good as JMU. Its like that scares people. When there isn't a clear advantage one way or the other then all of a sudden the biggest factor, and the one talked about the most, is all of a sudden ignored. BISON PRIDE. Its the ability to dig deep, rely on your brothers next to you, and nutting the fuck up when you have a challenge in front of you.

We can go out and humiliate teams year in and year out...but its games like this...when the chips are equally stacked...that continue to forge the legacy of the program.
    and WAY more often than not, they do it!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Disagree. This game like all others of ours will be decided in the trenches, not by our QB. Sure, Stick will get his runs, but if we are forced to throw the ball that means we aren't running well. If our Oline plays like they have since the SDSU game we will pull away by the end of the third. On their side of the ball, if Schor is allowed to run on pass plays they will be able to keep it close. After watching the SDSU JMU game I was encouraged with how easily the bunnies ran on JMU. Not buying the "we sold out on the peripheral pass D" argument from Duck fans as an excuse.
    I just see JMU completely selling out, their secondary is good enough to make it work better then any team we've played thus far. Stick is going to have to be on his game for us to win.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    New rule since last year? I was at that game, if the rule was in place it did not make a difference.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1