Page 24 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    watching Rosenboom on those two long runs is almost unbelievable. Kid is not going to want to watch that film. The bigger problem is that SDSU just quit on the run, which was working.
    Offensively or defensively?

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    I agree on Schor, he is elusive and hard to sack for a loss. He's more dangerous out-of-the-pocket than in, especially running to his right, as you say. Abdullah was the other problem we had last year, fortunately we don't have him to deal with again. I'm concerned about the injuries we sustained against SHSU. Hopefully the CB backups can step-up and fill two of the slots, but I doubt we have anyone that can do what Brooks is capable of doing, he's a special talent.

It's been said elsewhere that a lot depends upon how well Stick plays this time. I would agree with that. Not that everyone doesn't have to perform well, but it's especially incumbent for Stick to play well also, and I think he will.
    Abdullah is the piece that I think some are not talking about enough, that guy was a wrecking ball to our defense last year. Marshall who is their lead back now is a solid but he is more of a homerun type of back and our defense does a good job at limiting big plays, especially big rushing plays. I think this will put a lot more pressure on Schor, not saying he can't deliver but it changes the game.

This game will likely be decided by which QB plays better, both are very similar. Really it is shocking how similar NDSU and JMU are.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

People here can look at JMU's schedule and scores this year, but then look at ours too. When you play your conference foes yearly, the games just end up tighter. For some reason, NDSU just doesn’t expose conference team’s weaknesses like JMU did to SDSU. JMU likely has that same problem in conference games.
    I think a lot of that has to do with what Coach K said after the San Diego game I think. But he mentioned how it is hard to defend plays you dont see very often. I mean Bruce scored a TD on the same damn wheel route the Bison ran against Wofford for TD and have been running for years now. You know that was talked about in the prep by SHSU and yet they still let the back leak out. But in conference you see that play every year not every 3-4 years so you can recognize it and defend it better

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Abdullah is the piece that I think some are not talking about enough, that guy was a wrecking ball to our defense last year. Marshall who is their lead back now is a solid but he is more of a homerun type of back and our defense does a good job at limiting big plays, especially big rushing plays. I think this will put a lot more pressure on Schor, not saying he can't deliver but it changes the game.

This game will likely be decided by which QB plays better, both are very similar. Really it is shocking how similar NDSU and JMU are.
    I dont think Marshall is as elusive or shifty as Abdullah but give the guy space and you arent gonna run him down. Those two big runs he had huge lanes to run through and players took bad angles and he made them pay big time.

Watching the game. 1st drive they were moving the ball and the fumble by Mangerelli was a killer. The SDSU Left Tackle got owned in the 1st quarter twice and forced 2 turnovers by himself. Then on one play they protected well and the QB overthrows a bomb which was picked off.

So 4 turnovers so far. 1 dumb fumble. 2 times the LT gets owned and forces turnover. 4th was an overthrow and a good play by the DB. Game could have been really different.

Then they run the ball and scored a TD. Getting some good push running the ball

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

JMU fan here. No trash talking today. I just wanted to say that I met a lot of great NDSU fans in Frisco last year. I think you guys actually outnumbered the Youngstown State crowd. Looking forward to a great game... Also looking forward to scantily-clad waitresses and bartenders at Wild Pitch.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDogs4Life View Post
    JMU fan here. No trash talking today. I just wanted to say that I met a lot of great NDSU fans in Frisco last year. I think you guys actually outnumbered the Youngstown State crowd. Looking forward to a great game... Also looking forward to scantily-clad waitresses and bartenders at Wild Pitch.
    Something we all can agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDogs4Life View Post

Expect them to be all dressed in Bison gear and Thunderstruck to be on repeat.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The best part of being at the game this year is not having to watch the JMU head coach pep talk during the pregame on ESPN.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    Our linebackers are playing very well! Plank was our starter in this game last year and he hardly sees playing time.
    This is something that should give all NDSU fans confidence heading into Frisco. I started re-watching last year's JMU game (ugh) and the NDSU LBs just got abused in that game. They were caught out of position on both runs and passes multiple times and I'm just through the 1st quarter. I'm sure some of that was due to great schemes from the JMU offensive coaching staff but this year's Bison LB corps has the ability to make a huge difference compared to last year.