Page 22 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I would love to do that. I was looking at the lakes north of there on the map. HUGE! Lake Winnipeg is like 250 miles long and 50 miles wide at its widest point. Looks like good fishing.
    Excellent fishing. Walleye factory. They call them 'greenbacks' because the algae from farm run off to the south gives the fish a greenish tinge.

Very big lake but a very shallow. Hell of a spot in windstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    SDSU had 5 turnovers in the first half I think too? Surprising they were in the game as long as they were. Maybe speaks to how JMU's offense doesn't quite fire on all cylinders all the time. They obviously picked it up in the second half.
    I think it was 6 possessions...5 turnovers

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    SDSU had 5 turnovers in the first half I think too? Surprising they were in the game as long as they were. Maybe speaks to how JMU's offense doesn't quite fire on all cylinders all the time. They obviously picked it up in the second half.
    I'm just the defense was gassed having to be out there so long.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I'm just the defense was gassed having to be out there so long.
    SDSU actually ended up with more TOP. And I think it was by quite a bit in the first half if I remember right.

JMU is well coached and found holes in their weak defense in the second half. Well that and 10 turnovers of course.

Here was JMU's offensive depth chart against SDSU:

QB 17 Bryan Schor Sr. 6-2 211 12 Cole Johnson So. 6-5 210
    RB 29 Marcus Marshall -or- Jr. 5-10 207 1 Trai Sharp -or- Jr. 5-9 208 20 Taylor Woods Sr. 5-9 197 31 Percy Agyei-Obese Fr. 5-11 196
    WR 13 Ishmael Hyman -or- R-Sr. 6-0 188 19 David Eldridge Jr. 6-1 180
    WR 10 Riley Stapleton R-So. 6-5 218 19 David Eldridge Jr. 6-1 180WR 7 Terrence Alls R-Sr. 6-1 193 85 Ezrah Archie Fr. 6-0 185
    TE 88 Jonathan Kloosterman Sr. 6-3 245 37 Clayton Cheatham Fr. 6-3 219
    LT 70 Aaron Stinnie R-Sr. 6-5 309 75 Michael Faulkner R-Fr. 6-4 279
    LG 67 Zaire Bethea R-Fr. 6-3 300 71 EJ Donahue R-So. 6-3 308
    C 73 Mac Patrick So. 6-2 295 63 J.T. Timming R-Fr. 6-2 308
    RG 55 Nick Edwards R-Sr. 6-4 28777 Liam Fornadel Fr. 6-4 309
    RT 60 Jahee Jackson R-So. 6-3 292 79 Raymond Gillespie R-Fr. 6-5 275

I only saw the first half of the SDSU game - wasn't Alls killing them along with Stapleton?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    SDSU actually ended up with more TOP. And I think it was by quite a bit in the first half if I remember right.

JMU is well coached and found holes in their weak defense in the second half. Well that and 10 turnovers of course.
    This is why that Marker game is so frustrating. That defense is sooooo soft. We did nothing to exploit it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It kinda bugs me when others do this so I'm not going to act like this is a huge indictment of the JMU offense but you take out those two big 3rd quarter runs by Marshall where Rozeboom, among others, decided to go rogue and JMU finished the game with 37 rushes for 105 yards (2.8 ypc). NDSU finished the marker game with 108 yard on 27 carries (4.0 ypc). You expand that out to the total offense and without those two big runs JMU put up 311 yards on 68 plays (4.6 yards per play). Even with the awful offensive strategy in the marker game NDSU put up 337 yards on 55 plays (6.1 yards per play).

However, the biggest different in those two games for SDSU was they were +4 in turnover margin in one and -9 in the other. But the fact that SDSU's defense did a great job limiting JMU's offense with the exception of those 3rd quarter lapses gives me confidence that the Bison defense can hold them down as well without those lapses. And I think they'll need to because I don't think NDSU's offense is going to put up more than 20-24 points against that JMU defense.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Yeah, I said that just to show you how ridiculous some of you sound. I will go away now.

You really do make your fan base look bad with the verbal abuse that you think is sportsmanlike smack. It isn't.

Two great teams are going to meet in Frisco next month. One will win what anyone with any football knowledge at all expects to be a very tough game. If that team happens to be NDSU, I will congratulate you and wish you well.

Have a safe trip from South Winnipeg.
    Multiple personalities ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It kinda bugs me when others do this so I'm not going to act like this is a huge indictment of the JMU offense but you take out those two big 3rd quarter runs by Marshall where Rozeboom, among others, decided to go rogue and JMU finished the game with 37 rushes for 105 yards (2.8 ypc). NDSU finished the marker game with 108 yard on 27 carries (4.0 ypc). You expand that out to the total offense and without those two big runs JMU put up 311 yards on 68 plays (4.6 yards per play). Even with the awful offensive strategy in the marker game NDSU put up 337 yards on 55 plays (6.1 yards per play).

However, the biggest different in those two games for SDSU was they were +4 in turnover margin in one and -9 in the other. But the fact that SDSU's defense did a great job limiting JMU's offense with the exception of those 3rd quarter lapses gives me confidence that the Bison defense can hold them down as well without those lapses. And I think they'll need to because I don't think NDSU's offense is going to put up more than 20-24 points against that JMU defense.
    Remove the two worst plays and two biggest plays from most any game stats and you will see a huge difference in stat totals when "comparison shopping"! JMU we know is for real, they beat us in our own house last year. I'm picking Bison by a touchdown but this game is a "PICK'M".

watching Rosenboom on those two long runs is almost unbelievable. Kid is not going to want to watch that film. The bigger problem is that SDSU just quit on the run, which was working.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.