Page 79 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Sorry, I'm too lazy to read nearly 800 posts but is there an estimate of the percentages of Bison fans? I'm assuming those July sales should be helpful.

Between them being there last year and expecting to be back again and the larger team allotments seems a fair assumption that there will be more opposition fans than at any of our prior appearances.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Between them being there last year and expecting to be back again and the larger team allotments seems a fair assumption that there will be more opposition fans than at any of our prior appearances.
    A lot of them still didn't get it so we will likely have a small advantage. At least that's the scuttlebutt
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone who is a glutton for punishment, here's a good look at how jmu moved the ball so well on the Bison last year:

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...-james-madison

Here is my two cents on their offense this time around...

1) I'm sure jmu will go back to these plays early to see if they can make hay like they did last year. But Klieman never lets the same thing beat him twice (other than sdsu this season[even though we crushed them in the playoffs last year]). Also jmu doesn't have the A1 running back they had last season.

2) jmu will throw plenty of 50/50 jump balls at the cornerbacks, and are probably practicing extra hard on drawing pass interference calls (practicing for penalties is a thing). The solution is NDSU needs a great pass rush.

3) Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of designed runs with their qb using the runningback as an extra blocker. Probably will use formations to make sure Jabril is outside the box...just as a precaution

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Anyone who is a glutton for punishment, here's a good look at how jmu moved the ball so well on the Bison last year:

1) I'm sure jmu will go back to these plays early to see if they can make hay like they did last year. But Klieman never lets the same thing beat him twice (other than sdsu this season[even though we crushed them in the playoffs last year]). Also jmu doesn't have the A1 running back they had last season.

2) jmu will throw plenty of 50/50 jump balls at the cornerbacks, and are probably practicing extra hard on drawing pass interference calls (practicing for penalties is a thing). The solution is NDSU needs a great pass rush.

3) Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of designed runs with their qb using the runningback as an extra blocker. Probably will use formations to make sure Jabril is outside the box...just as a precaution
    Their RBs are good but It's not so much about their RBs as their o-line which was exceptionally good last year. Our Dline and LBs weren't even in the picture on some of those runs. I love our LBs this year but the Dline is key in this game. JMU is very good in the trenches. They (like us) are basically a P5 team and that starts up front. We have to stop their run game and the D line guys need to bring their A game. Actually the whole team does. Play like we are capable of playing and we can chop JMU and their cocky players down to size.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post

Watched the second half today. JMU got their 10 second half points on 3 chunk plays.

First one Schor rolled to his left and threw across his body to (I think) Abdullah in the flat. Stumpf had coverage on the RB but overran him over-committing to the QB run. The defense held and their kicker nailed, an at the time career long 45 yarder. This was the BS series of plays where the defense had pushed them back to 4th and 19 where Menard got to Schor but apparently Houston called a timeout just before the snap. The next play Ambrosius got called for offsides, he was not. This got them close enough for the FG attempt.

Their touchdown came after a long run off the left side. I was half paying attention while I was working and the angle I saw wasn't great (tight, behind the defense). Looked like the Bison may have been stacking the box to stop the run and lost contain. Not sure whose assignment it was, Grimsley was in the picture but no way for me to tell. The defense was able to pull him down around the 20 and stiffened up forcing a 3rd down. They went for the dagger and their WR got behind Davis for the TD.

They can beat their chests and claim they whooped us but I disagree. They had a great game plan and were the better team that day but I've been waiting over a year now for another shot at them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    This was the BS series of plays where the defense had pushed them back to 4th and 19 where Menard got to Schor but apparently Houston called a timeout just before the snap. The next play Ambrosius got called for offsides, he was not. This got them close enough for the FG attempt.
    Yeah, I had forgotten how horrible that linesman botched those two plays until I rewatched it. On the TO the ball was nearly in Schor's hands (off a shotgun snap) before the linesman made any movement acknowledging the timeout. It also bugged me that Houston whined about Schor getting hit when the play never should've been (and technically wasn't) blown dead. Then on the next play it was the same linesman that called Ambrosious offside and again incorrectly blew the play dead (they should only blow a play dead on an offsides if the defender in violation makes contact with an offensive player or is unabated to the QB). Of course on top of it all, like you said, he wasn't offside. He flinched but his hands (he was in a 4 point stance) never left the ground so he didn't move forward at all.

The Bison still had chances after that so it wasn't like that cost them the game but it was just another frustrating sequence in a frustrating night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    This whole “stramergate” is just a filler since the game is still over 2 weeks away. Hopefully football talk abput the actual game will kick in after Christmas. We can all agree that not allowing streamers is pretty dumb, the feeakout over it is pretty dumb, and the trolling by Bison fans is pretty dumb. The JMU team and their fanbase deserve respect from us just as our team and fans deserve reapect from them. This is going to be a hell of a game between the undisputed two best teams in the FCS. Message board fun is one thing. When we will all get to Frisco, I think we all have fun together, tailgate together, talk football together, and cheer for our teams in a respectful manner. I also expect the majority of each fanbase to congratulate each other after the game, whether you are on the winning team or losing team.
    Yeah, it is going to be a great game and a great time. No one I would rather play than NDSU or hang out with in Frisco. I look forward to it. You do have some weak shit boring trollers, though.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Yeah, it is going to be a great game and a great time. No one I would rather play than NDSU or hang out with in Frisco. I look forward to it. You do have some weak shit boring trollers, though.
    You guys aren't worth our time so we send lakes to do our light work. I tried to go to your board once and got an injury to my index finger clicking so many subforums.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I agree. Not dissing JMU, but after watching the body language of the Bison players throughout the playoffs, especially after the Semifinal Game (heck, add in the Illinois State game too where they acted like happy kids out in the snow while playing in crappy weather), I would be concerned if I was an upcoming opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are concerned about EVERY opponent. You don't win 26 consecutive games by taking any opponent lightly. We respect the Bison and we will be ready.