Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

All I want for the next 2 weeks at least is for this thread to not turn into a sh*tshow.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

If we continue to play the way we have in the playoffs I feel good about this game. Both the offense and defense have been clicking. We need to control the line of scrimmage and let Easton lose to so they can't focus soley on Bruce. Messingham has been great so I feel confident he will have another great game plan. Should be a great game with the trap best teams. Really wish Alison was there to cover Stapleton.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

JMU is good. Going to be a fun game. If we get where we end up throwing over 20 times they got us out of our game. We’ve been playing much better after the SDSU loss. Hopefully the new injuries don’t hurt us. At least the guys who will be filling in for the injured CB’s got some reps Friday in the second half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am moving this post to this thread from the SDSU at JMU Semi Final Thread, as the same topic is now being discussed in two different threads....

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    JMU: Don't look at Weber State game!
    Also JMU: Look at the NDSU/SDSU game!
    I say DO "look at the Weber State game!"

I don't know where the thread is now, but I came on this board a couple of months ago and complained about the "complacency" of our offense. Immediately, I was attacked by Bison fans, saying 'yuck, yuck, one championship and complaining about complacency,' totally missing my message, which I went on to explain.

We have a lock down defense, no question. I was worried about our offense because it hadn't really been challenged all season. We won our FBS game by 20 points and could have won by 50. Our offense was content allowing our defense to keep other teams from scoring while only scoring enough to ensure a comfortable win. We should have been blowing some teams out by huge scores that were much closer. I was worried about that, how our offense would respond when our backs were against the wall and it was up to them to pull out the win. They simply had not been challenged all season.

Then came Weber. We made every conceivable mistake in the book on both sides of the ball. We got punched in the mouth as a result and found ourselves down by 8 points with three minutes left. Our offense had to perform!

And they did, scoring 11 points to win the game. We found something in that quarter that had been there all along but it couldn't be found. Suddenly, all eleven players, searching and fighting, found it, together. Call it chemistry.

I consider SDSU a continuation of that quarter. Yes, the Jacks made some unforced errors, but many of them were forced.

So, if anyone is telling you to not look at the Weber game, I think that is bad advice. DO look at the Weber game. You will see the difference. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, but look anyway.

As we all know, any team, on any given day, can totally crap the bed and fall apart. It could happen to either of our teams in Frisco, but I doubt it. Those who have been there before tend to behave as champions do and are unintimidated. I think you can look for that from both of these teams.

I think the one key person in this game on either team whose performance matters most is Easton Stick. I know he showed some inconsistency in earlier games this season. If he gets at all rattled like Christion did, look out. If he maintains his composure and can hit his receivers who will be covered like glue, the Bison could win this. If JMU makes multiple mistakes against NDSU, the Bison will win.

Here's hoping for a safe and error-free game by both teams and safe travels for all the Bison fans heading to God's country (I live 20 minutes from the stadium).

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post

Here's hoping for a safe and error-free game by both teams and safe travels for all the Bison fans heading to God's country (I live 20 minutes from the stadium).
    God likes skimpy dressed waitresses, who knew?

I might stop being an atheist.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coach Mess will not over think this game like some other OC did last year. Outside of the stinker game he called at SDSU he has been spot on. Team is having fun.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Coach Mess will not over think this game like some other OC did last year. Outside of the stinker game he called at SDSU he has been spot on. Team is having fun.
    I had forgotten we have a 'new guy'. I am sure there was quite a discussion after the sdsu game and the ship sure righted quickly.
    I have enjoyed the play calling lately.
    One thing that stands out in the post game press conferences by the apposition's coaches is their mention of how well the
    o line is coached.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Thanks

My take FWIW – JMU’s not quite what they were last year and NDSU is a little better. This game will come down to execution and not choking (don't turn the ball over and don’t miss tackles). Whichever team does that better will win, possibly in OT.

If I had to try to identify JMU’s weaknesses I’d say O-line and middle of the front 7 on D? If so, I like how these match up with the Bison. Stapleton (sp?) is a concern. Have to get steady pressure on the QB.

Should be a hell of a game and it's certainly what I've been hoping for over the last 12 months. Go Bison!!!
    Oh man, I don't know if I could handle OT in the Natty. Before the Illinois St game I said it might be kinda cool to see a close game in Frisco and after that year I got my fill of close title games.

LEAVE! NO! DOUBT!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU vs JMU

I have very little concern regarding their defensive secondary....not because they aren’t a special group...but because ndsu relies so infrequently on winning one on one matchups with our wide receivers. The strength of our passing game is so much play action and route combinations with our tight ends and running backs. I can’t probably think of only a half dozen times we’ve lined up in the gun and just straight up thrown the ball expecting RJ and co to get open. We don’t have those types of kids.

Also, like a few have mentioned, SDSU was gashing JMU on the ground when they were running straight downhill stuff. JMU is going to have to commit more guys to the box and they’re going to have to honor the run in this game more than any other game they’ve played thus far.

As far as our defensive secondary goes...there are question marks...and they’re big questions...but it’s not a forgone conclusion that the replacements are incapable. I mean our backups only accounted for 2 picks and a sack against one of the most potent offenses in the country.

JMU offensive “combo” players (HBs/FBs/TEs) < NDSUs LBs/safeties
    NDSU’s offensive “combo” players > JMUs LBs/safeties
    JMUs offensive line < NDSU’s defensive line
    NDSUs offensive line > JMUs defensive line.
    JMUs receiving corp > NDSU’s DBs
    NDSUs receiving corp < JMUs DBs
    Special teams are a wash
    Stick > Shor

So, in my honest opinion, NDSUs personnel is better overall...there’s so much emphasis being placed on our depleted secondary...yet we aren’t playing a team that lines up and throws the ball all day.

Im not calling a blowout win, but I also wouldn’t be the least surprised to see ndsu grind them down and win by 2 possessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by G_Funky; 12-17-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

A lil JMU SMACK and bulletin board material: (I only had a few mins.... so much more than this)

I got news for the Bison, if we meet up in Frisco, we will roll them on a neutral field worse than we did in that concrete hay barn they play in.

this will be the last win of the season for the Bizon, based on what I see.

The selections for these brackets was a mess. JMU all tough games. I guess someone really wanted NDSU back in the championship. Sells tickets

We will roll the Bison!

JMU fans watched a game tonight between two teams they beat last year...

NDSU fans will watch a game tomorrow against two teams they have proven to be inferior against...

Check...mate... 03-nutkick

When we meet on Jan 6 in Frisco that advantage is gone for them.

That Bizun aint gettin' up from that one. Well played Dolley!04-cheers

I cannot wait to play the Bison again. Can. Not. Wait.

Lol. One team had 4 byes to the final, the other team will be battle hardened.