Page 155 of 161 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, with 123 teams, the differences are much finer.

Take the scoring stuff: NDSU's average game has been 40.3-11.5, JMU's has been 35.93-10.71. That's the difference between 2nd/2nd for NDSU and 8th/1st for JMU. Pretty much a wash when you are top 10 in anything playing a CAA or MVFC schedule.

The difference in rushing defense is 1.8 yards per game in JMU's favor but the "per rush" difference is almost .3 yards per carry in their favor (which seems more significant to me.)
    I disagree that adding more teams makes the differences "finer." You can still have vast differences in a relatively small range of ranking. That probably didn't happen here. Thanks for the info.

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bcp_JMu View Post
    I come in peace... good to be in TX!

Your turnout is impressive... purple is headed this way despite the storm...

Gonna be one hell of a game - hoping for OTs that never end... nobody is winning by more than 10 - good luck and go Dukes!
    You appear reasonable, you may not like BV.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Your are aware that JMU fans will most likely cheer for JMU, Right?
    I am aware of that. But only because your are kind enough to suggest it in your post. Thank you.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

First interaction with a JMU fan was a guy who saw me and gave me a scowl and rolled his eyes. Second was a young punk who saw my Bison gear and said "gross". Very odd

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Maybe your zipper was down.
    Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    First interaction with a JMU fan was a guy who saw me and gave me a scowl and rolled his eyes. Second was a young punk who saw my Bison gear and said "gross". Very odd

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    What was the opponents combined w/l record?
    Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, JMU played one team with a winning record in the regular season (Elon, who went on to lose their first round game to Furman.)

Looks to me like NDSU's opps went 93-76 and JMU's went 87-79.

Doesn't matter if JMU is peaking at the right time (or if NDSU turns it over 109 times like the choke rabbits.)
    I came up with the same overall record Tony, but from what I saw, JMU played 4 teams with a winning record in the regular season. Two of them made the playoffs with a combined record of 17-9. Here's my breakdown of each team's season (not in fancy table form).

NDSU: OOC: 11-22 Conf: 50-46 Playoff: 32-8 Totals: Regular season: 61-68 Overall: 93-76

JMU: OOC: 11-23 Conf: 44-47 Playoff: 32-9 Totals: Regular season: 55-70 Overall: 87-79

Funny thing with NDSU is it shows how strong the top of the MVFC is and how bad the bottom was this year. Missouri State and Indiana State combined for a 3-19 record with Indiana State going 0-11. NDSU played 4 teams in the regular season that made the playoffs. Combined record of those teams was 35-17. NDSU played 6 conference teams with a winning record and also played an OOC opponent (EWU) with a winning record (and probably should have been in the playoffs). JMU's FBS win is an FBS win, but they finished 3-9 and their wins were over teams with a combined 11-26 record, with each team having a win over a bottom-tier FCS team.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What I noticed is that when you look at the CAA stats, there were a lot of teams that averaged around 21 ppg or less in that conference. JMU has a great defense...but the teams in their conference didnt score on other teams either. Just a thought.

If we don't win by atleast 50 I will be disappointed.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 75NOVA View Post
    Maybe your zipper was down.

Maybe it was that silly furry coat you walk around in... wait... sorry, wrong guy.

Don't think I've seen this comparison - games vs top 25 and top 10 teams (FCS games only, including playoffs, based on rank at time of game):

Versus top 25: NDSU 8-1, JMU 6-0
    Versus top 10: NDSU 6-1, JMU 2-0

Each played two top 10 teams in the playoffs. They played none in the regular season, we played five. They didn't have a weak schedule, but ours was stronger.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.