Page 71 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    NDSU vs JMU

QB = Stick better skilled but I think Shor is close and cold blooded when game is on the line

RB NDSU but close, downfield blocking key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stick is a better runner but Schor's accuracy is ahead of Easton. Id call this one a toss up maybe slight edge to Schor

As for RB it depends on who we have playing if its Bruce from the last two weeks with Ty and Seth I would say NDSU, but if its Bruce from earlier this year and just Seth then JMU has a big advantage here

The rest seem pretty spot on

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Stick is a better runner but Schor's accuracy is ahead of Easton. Id call this one a toss up maybe slight edge to Schor

As for RB it depends on who we have playing if its Bruce from the last two weeks with Ty and Seth I would say NDSU, but if its Bruce from earlier this year and just Seth then JMU has a big advantage here

Really hope we can get him back for some snaps (even though it sounds unlikely). He's such a homerun threat it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Finally, some useful information!

BTW, who do you think is more hungry? Yes, this is a rhetorical question.

Not to say JMU isn't motivated but I think everything this Bison team has done in the last year and 4 days has been to get to this very game against this very team. All the workouts, all the torn ACLs, all the games including the loss in Brookings... all to get to right here, right now. The players and coaches won't admit it until after the game if at all but I'd wager this was the team they wanted in the place they wanted to see them. I'm a homer who's been trained to expect the Bison to win every game they play but if they channel all that motivation into an unrelenting and cleanly executed game there's every reason to think that on January 6th we'll all hear some "My oh mys" coming on down from the heavens as we see our guys hoisting trophy #6 in a cloud of yellow and green confetti.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Per Ross Uglem:

People expecting Bryan Schor to give James Madison some kind of huge advantage in the national title game may be disappointed. Stick has a better YPA and a (much) better TD:INT ratio, and averages more yards per carry and has more touchdowns on the ground. Stick turns the ball over less frequently and makes bigger plays, even though Schor's played weaker competition.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...SHSU-112438946

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    I was not aware that Southern Arm Strength is not a thing.

<Because the rule is meant to squash one school’s traditions while leaving the other alone. Neutral site means elements from BOTH teams home field should be present.>

So.......Can we throw Pure Leaf Iced Tea bottles at the press box.....or do they have to be of the whiskey variety?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not to say JMU isn't motivated but I think everything this Bison team has done in the last year and 4 days has been to get to this very game against this very team. All the workouts, all the torn ACLs, all the games including the loss in Brookings... all to get to right here, right now. The players and coaches won't admit it until after the game if at all but I'd wager this was the team they wanted in the place they wanted to see them. I'm a homer who's been trained to expect the Bison to win every game they play but if they channel all that motivation into an unrelenting and cleanly executed game there's every reason to think that on January 6th we'll all hear some "My oh mys" coming on down from the heavens as we see our guys hoisting trophy #6 in a cloud of yellow and green confetti.
    I agree. Not dissing JMU, but after watching the body language of the Bison players throughout the playoffs, especially after the Semifinal Game (heck, add in the Illinois State game too where they acted like happy kids out in the snow while playing in crappy weather), I would be concerned if I was an upcoming opponent.

A huge turnaround compared to last year’s team where they looked overly stressed by year’s end.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    No question Stick is the better more dynamic runner. His last game his accuracy was way up from any previous game and he didn't have that drive or two were you were like who is he throwing that too. Completion percentage for Stick is 62.4 and Schor is 66.8. Dont think the QB swings this one way or the other. but Schor is a more accurate thrower. I get we are essentially talking about an extra completion a game.

It does seem like there was less QB runs this year although Stick is only down about 1 carry per game.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No question Stick is the better more dynamic runner. His last game his accuracy was way up from any previous game and he didn't have that drive or two were you were like who is he throwing that too. Completion percentage for Stick is 62.4 and Schor is 66.8. Dont think the QB swings this one way or the other. but Schor is a more accurate thrower. I get we are essentially talking about an extra completion a game.

It does seem like there was less QB runs this year although Stick is only down about 1 carry per game.
    They pulled back on the QB run when Davis was injured.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Bruce always seems to step it up in big games. (Last week, few years ago vs. UNI) I think he will have a big game January 6.