Page 27 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Same here. The first chipper, we bagged everything up and I asked a security guard what we should do with it. He seemed surprised that I asked, and he said "just pile it on the berm over there and we'll get it".
    its always been this way, they used to hand out bags. Bag it and leave it on the edge of your spots, or does EC8 mean inside the dome when people drop popcorn tubs, cups, wrappers etc??

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    so many folks seem so eager to talk about just how good JMU is...quickly disregarding just how good NDSU is. Why?

Because JMU beat us last year? Um, that was over 365 days ago...they were a different team then, and so were the Bison.

Because they dismantled SDSU? News flash - I guarantee you if SDSU would have turned the ball over 10 times against us we would have curb stomped them too. Hell we played our worst game of the year and turned the damn thing over 5 times against those clowns and it still was a game with 5 minutes to play. I just don't understand it. In every game over the last six years, NDSU fans have been pouring with pride and confidence, regardless of the opponent. Now all there I hear is a bunch of folks that refuse to face the adversity in front of you. So what if NDSU doesnt have a clear cut advantage in one thing or another - they're still a really fucking good team.

Sure, JMU has a salty group. I think everyone can agree with that. But just as the saying goes "real recognizes real" there should be a hell of a lot of confidence in the boys from Fargo too. As a whole, statistically, NDSU is just as good as JMU. Its like that scares people. When there isn't a clear advantage one way or the other then all of a sudden the biggest factor, and the one talked about the most, is all of a sudden ignored. BISON PRIDE. Its the ability to dig deep, rely on your brothers next to you, and nutting the fuck up when you have a challenge in front of you.

We can go out and humiliate teams year in and year out...but its games like this...when the chips are equally stacked...that continue to forge the legacy of the program.
    Both teams can be good. I wouldn't say those saying JMU is good are always discounting the fact that NDSU is also good. I don't think it's disrespectful towards NDSU when people say JMU is the team to beat. They're winners of 26 in a row and defending national champs. Like I said earlier, let them wear that mantle... IMO it'll do nothing but help the Bison's chances to come away with a win down in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Not at all. We need tickets. We especially like the ones bought for chicks who takes up three seats.
    Is your little sister going to be there????
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Both teams can be good. I wouldn't say those saying JMU is good are always discounting the fact that NDSU is also good. I don't think it's disrespectful towards NDSU when people say JMU is the team to beat. They're winners of 26 in a row and defending national champs. Like I said earlier, let them wear that mantle... IMO it'll do nothing but help the Bison's chances to come away with a win down in Frisco.
    This is not what I'm seeing over at the JMU fan forum, there are plenty of overconfident posters over there. We are one dimensional, overrated, there's a new top dog in town...blaa, blaa, blaaa. Of course, none of us will be suiting up on Jan 6.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    This is not what I'm seeing over at the JMU fan forum, there are plenty of overconfident posters over there. We are one dimensional, overrated, there's a new top dog in town...blaa, blaa, blaaa. Of course, none of us will be suiting up on Jan 6.
    Let them be confident. There's plenty of confident Bison fans here on Bisonville too. It should make for some really fun pre-game banter Friday into Saturday down in Frisco.

I'm fine with fans thumping their chests and touting their team as long as they have the cajones to come back and give props and admit it if they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Let them be confident. There's plenty of confident Bison fans here on Bisonville too. It should make for some really fun pre-game banter Friday into Saturday down in Frisco.

I'm fine with fans thumping their chests and touting their team as long as they have the cajones to come back and give props and admit it if they were wrong.
    Yep, unfortunately this rarely happens. After the beat down, we won't see bulldogg again.

But the key to what you just said is "at the JMU fan forum" this is Bisonville. Let them be as overly confident as they wish. I can remember the teams that have done that to NDSU in the past, and look what has happened to all of them.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

This is not what I'm seeing over at the JMU fan forum, there are plenty of overconfident posters over there.
    Just don’t go over there. It’s a mid-Atlantic thing. We lived in DC for several years and my wife says it very nearly turned me into an arrogant asshole. I’m still recovering, even though we’ve been home for sometime now. It’s the polar opposite of the quiet, pseudo-humble, passive-aggressive stuff that we all know so well here. I think it’s the result of too many people, too may cars and terrible traffic (holy shit!!!! you have no idea), and being so close to 'the swamp'.

JMU looks very good but so do the Bison. Anyone who thinks this game has already been decided is a clueless idiot.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their band gives them an edge too...

I'd argue that their ridiculous defense gives them the edge but I guess the band is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Just don’t go over there. It’s a mid-Atlantic thing. We lived in DC for several years and my wife says it very nearly turned me into an arrogant asshole. I’m still recovering, even though we’ve been home for sometime now. It’s the polar opposite of the quiet, pseudo-humble, passive-aggressive stuff that we all know so well here. I think it’s the result of too many people, too may cars and terrible traffic (holy shit!!!! you have no idea), and being so close to 'the swamp'.

JMU looks very good but so do the Bison. Anyone who thinks this game has already been decided is a clueless idiot.
    Good advice, I'll take it.