Thread: NDSU vs JMU

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU vs JMU

Might as well just start this here.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Pass Defense.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Going to my sixth game in Frisco, this is the match-up that I am easily the most pumped up about. The wait for this game is going to feel like forever.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This should be the toughest challenge of the season no doubt. I was not impressed with the defense against SHSU, perhaps the poorest tackling I've seen from a Bison defense in years, little pressure on Briscoe, a lot of open receivers, and a lot of first downs given up. SHSU should have scored a lot more than they did. Not enough to win, but probably around 30. Bruce had a huge game but even he admitted the holes were big enough to drive a truck through. He won't see that much daylight against JMU. JMU's offense is not as good as SHSU, but if they play to their potential they will score against a depleted Bison defense.

I think the Bison will need 30 to win this one and a lot will rest on Stick's shoulders. This is the game he gets the Brock and Carson monkeys off his back.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    This should be the toughest challenge of the season no doubt. I was not impressed with the defense against SHSU, perhaps the poorest tackling I've seen from a Bison defense in years, little pressure on Briscoe, a lot of open receivers, and a lot of first downs given up. SHSU should have scored a lot more than they did. Not enough to win, but probably around 30. Bruce had a huge game but even he admitted the holes were big enough to drive a truck through. He won't see that much daylight against JMU. JMU's offense is not as good as SHSU, but if they play to their potential they will score against a depleted Bison defense.

I think the Bison will need 30 to win this one and a lot will rest on Stick's shoulders. This is the game he gets the Brock and Carson monkeys off his back.
    Open field tackles were awesome. Gang tackling took too much priority on strips. Didn't like that.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With JMU tight pass coverage we will need a 7 yard out and up route. Give those CB something to think about. Also TE will need to be used a bunch. RB be patient and hit the OL holes. Have fun and enjoy the moment.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Not that they need any extra motivation but I would guess the Bison players are going to be watching a lot of tape of last year's JMU game over the next couple weeks. That can't hurt in making practices a little more meaningful and productive.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Open field tackles were awesome. Gang tackling took too much priority on strips. Didn't like that.
    Well, I'd say open field positioning was awesome. But it still seemed like they ran right though the first tackler more often than not.

Pressure on Schor...slow down their running game...control and protect the ball.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Pressure on Schor...slow down their running game...control and protect the ball.
    Play Bison football
    Win

Simple formula
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯