Page 129 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by Honda1 View Post
    JMU board is trashing the academics standards of NDSU. I never went to college, I went to trade school. It has served me well. In all my travels to work in other states or work here with out of staters (boomers), people think they are better than us because we are North Dakotans. That is why I cheer so hard for the Bison. I love it when they smack around a team from the south with nothing but a big mouth. Sheep f***ers from Montana to. My aunt was in the athletic dept. for U of M and they would say what a mistake it was for NDSU to move up. They don’t say to much anymore, especially when we bring them a Bison T-shirt or cap. Lots of fun! Except for once, and than they thought they were relevant again after one win.
    NDSU is a national doctoral research institute. It has a rather good reputation across the country in terms of research, which is the hallmark of any institutions academic profile. JMU, despite offering a few doctorates, is still considered a regional masters-level university.

Our engineering and pharmacy programs are VERY well known around the country. Ask anyone who has graduated from either.

Furthermore, the mission of NDSU, being a land-grant university, is different. The JMU posters are mostly trying to obfuscate over the shocking student fee subsidy.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    What's the over/under of "they have to go back to Fargo" after NDSU wins?
    That's always a fun game. Also fun to guess at what point (in terms of quarter and time left on the clock) that it is uttered/posted for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda1 View Post
    JMU board is trashing the academics standards of NDSU. I never went to college, I went to trade school. It has served me well. In all my travels to work in other states or work here with out of staters (boomers), people think they are better than us because we are North Dakotans. That is why I cheer so hard for the Bison. I love it when they smack around a team from the south with nothing but a big mouth. Sheep f***ers from Montana to. My aunt was in the athletic dept. for U of M and they would say what a mistake it was for NDSU to move up. They don’t say to much anymore, especially when we bring them a Bison T-shirt or cap. Lots of fun! Except for once, and than they thought they were relevant again after one win.
    Isn't JMU a glorified teachers college?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Isn't JMU a glorified teachers college?
    Started as a women's college.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair, they aren't in the same category so they cannot be compared. NDSU is a R2 university as defined by the Carnegie Institute. James Madison is not even considered in that category. They are St Cloud State with a higher athletic budget.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    NDSU is a national doctoral research institute. It has a rather good reputation across the country in terms of research, which is the hallmark of any institutions academic profile. JMU, despite offering a few doctorates, is still considered a regional masters-level university.

Our engineering and pharmacy programs are VERY well known around the country. Ask anyone who has graduated from either.

Furthermore, the mission of NDSU, being a land-grant university, is different. The JMU posters are mostly trying to obfuscate over the shocking student fee subsidy.
    100% Correct... There is nothing wrong with JMU, It's a nice regional (dare I say non-flagship) university -- which originally started as an all woman's teaching teacher college... I would equate them to a SCSU or MSU Mankato in Minnesota... in other words they are nothing special... they do a fine job of educating the masses, but I doubt they have Nobel Laureates on their faculty. For them to denigrate the academic reputation of NDSU shows a high level of ignorance on their part.

To put it into perspective, JMU has an engineering program. I graduated from NDSU's College of Engineering (note the College vs Program) 35 years ago, and have worked all over the world, including the past 20 years in the DC metro area. I have yet to meet an engineer from JMU. I have however worked with many Architects and Engineers from NDSU all over the world...

The fact that NDSU is a Land Grant University is a big deal... the only other Land Grant Universities in the FCS are SDSU, Montana State, Delaware, UNH, Rhode Island, and Maine... those are peer universities.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    The day of judgment will soon be upon JMU!

I think you really mean PUNISHMENT here, don't you? Get your Punisher Tee. See Milkman here....

Faron
    Four-Seasons Maui @ Wailea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    What's the over/under of "they have to go back to Fargo" after NDSU wins?
    They would be damn lucky to getto go back to ND
    I am not from here. I choose to live here.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    100% Correct... There is nothing wrong with JMU, It's a nice regional (dare I say non-flagship) university -- which originally started as an all woman's teaching teacher college... I would equate them to a SCSU or MSU Mankato in Minnesota... in other words they are nothing special... they do a fine job of educating the masses, but I doubt they have Nobel Laureates on their faculty. For them to denigrate the academic reputation of NDSU shows a high level of ignorance on their part.

To put it into perspective, JMU has an engineering program. I graduated from NDSU's College of Engineering (note the College vs Program) 35 years ago, and have worked all over the world, including the past 20 years in the DC metro area. I have yet to meet an engineer from JMU. I have however worked with many Architects and Engineers from NDSU all over the world...

The fact that NDSU is a Land Grant University is a big deal... the only other Land Grant Universities in the FCS are SDSU, Montana State, Delaware, UNH, Rhode Island, and Maine... those are peer universities.
    You can add Cornell, UC Davis and now Idaho to the list of FCS land grants

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Faron79 View Post
    I think you really mean PUNISHMENT here, don't you? Get your Punisher Tee. See Milkman here....

Faron
    Yes a good CAUTION is needed!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison