Page 124 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    The other point that unnerves me me is how the articles and the head coach at JMU claim how he built the program to compete against the likes of NDSU. IMO it is pure bull. Last year Houston took a team that he had nothing to do with recruiting and won, and even this year probably 90-95 % of the starters are not his recruits. The team is built with a former coaches players.
    Aren't quite a few of their big time players fbs transfers. If you want to BUILD a dynasty you recruit and develop them. Plus you didn't hear anything about jmu deep into the playoffs until last year. Ndsu won 5 straight and lost in the semi' s and are now back. Their resume isn't even close to ours over the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Anyone that tries to compare what JMU has done in the last 2 years to what NDSU did from 2011-now is a little off their rocker. However, more of what I've seen is claiming that if JMU wins they will have firmly established themselves as the standard that everyone is chasing in the FCS. That is something I think is very much in play. So, while NDSU's rep as an FCS dynasty isn't on the line, their rep as the flagship of the FCS very much is. That's why there's more riding on this game than any game in Frisco that NDSU has played there IMO.
    Yep, totally agree.

Alabama is still the standard bearer in the FBS and they didnt win it all last year.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Craig Bohl have a tendency to have the team practice in outdoor conditions for some games. Games where conditions were going to be less than ideal, like the Montana playoff game back in 2010, I heard that the team could have practiced inside due to the extreme cold but he wanted to get the guys use to the game time conditions so they stayed outside. I myself am in favor of the practice bubble, nice recruiting tool, but I think a little outdoor bad weather practice is good for conditioning and also morale of the players.
    Immediately after NDSU beat RMU in the playoffs to go to Montana State the next week, yes.

That same night after beating rmu the football team was outside at dacotah practicing and running drills without pads. I assume coaches were involved, but I didn't see any coaches.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Anyone that tries to compare what JMU has done in the last 2 years to what NDSU did from 2011-now is a little off their rocker. However, more of what I've seen is claiming that if JMU wins they will have firmly established themselves as the standard that everyone is chasing in the FCS. That is something I think is very much in play. So, while NDSU's rep as an FCS dynasty isn't on the line, their rep as the flagship of the FCS very much is. That's why there's more riding on this game than any game in Frisco that NDSU has played there IMO.
    Agree... NDSU needs to win this game to continue being the FCS "gold standard" -- I still maintain that NDSU has the superior football program, and it's not even close -- Most G5 Schools wish they had the media coverage NDSU has (TV, Internet, Radio, and Print), we may not have the largest venue but tickets sales and contributions from donors are way higher than other programs -- which results in FCOA for all athletes... Great facilities, excellent coaching staff, and we out recruit just about everyone... The NDSU approach is more sustainable approach in the long run.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

JMU got to sit at the big boy table a couple times and now think they’re Gods gift to FCS football. I think we win next week but, if not, we are still the standard.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Immediately after NDSU beat RMU in the playoffs to go to Montana State the next week, yes.

That same night after beating rmu the football team was outside at dacotah practicing and running drills without pads. I assume coaches were involved, but I didn't see any coaches.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    I went to a WBB game that week of prep. That night there was a pretty good snow storm going on with some pretty good wind. The football team was outside under the lights practicing. Most players were in short sleeves and shorts.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I’ve been a little confused by the narrative for most of the past four months. But I was somewhat convinced until I finally rewatched the semifinal game a week or two ago. A year ago people not from the east coast did not know who JMU was. A year from now most of us will have forgotten how to spell it.

We know this. On Friday Jan 5 there will be a solemn meeting in Frisco on a practice field. Perhaps a handful of programs could convene such a meeting. This one will have all living participants.

Meeting result: Bison roll. The open question is will it be respectable or will it be embarrassing? Either way the outcome is not in doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Agree... NDSU needs to win this game to continue being the FCS "gold standard" -- I still maintain that NDSU has the superior football program, and it's not even close -- Most G5 Schools wish they had the media coverage NDSU has (TV, Internet, Radio, and Print), we may not have the largest venue but tickets sales and contributions from donors are way higher than other programs -- which results in FCOA for all athletes... Great facilities, excellent coaching staff, and we out recruit just about everyone... The NDSU approach is more sustainable approach in the long run.
    Nova - "NDSU needs to win this game to continue being the FCS "gold standard"!

TALON - NDSU has 5 National Championships & is contention each year since you joined FCS. Win or loose you'll be more than relevant! Of course you'll win.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

I don’t know who’s going to win next week, but I do know what program sets the standard at the FCS level and the result of one game isn’t changing that.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie