Page 115 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Think jmu guys predictions about crowd percentage is correct?

http://www.richmond.com/sports/two-o...6c7d05126.html
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post

His prediction is 10,000 from JMU? No way they end up with more than us - I can't see that they bought nearly as many tickets as we did in August. It's also hard to imagine them buying up more than us on the secondary market. I think it will be more like 60-40 in favor of Bison fans.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post

60-40 Bison

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    Last year we had that game, in New Hampshire just before our BYE week. We're up big in the 4th quarter, I believe 29. Couple of bad calls and big plays later, UNH is only down a couple. We gave up 28 unanswered in the 4th quarter and almost blew a TV game, Houston said afterwards it was great to get the win AND to get the motivational opportunity to treat it like a loss. Came out after the BYE and dropped 86 on Rhode Island, pretty much rolled everyone but the Bison after that. It's that JMU team everyone remembers, but we weren't that team defensively prior to our BYE (or offensively, for that matter). I think Weber was also one of those games, the problem is when you keep winning them at some point you are losing the motivational piece that only an actual L can bring. That's what worries me about this game, I've been thinking about that Patriots vs Giants Super Bowl a few years back (though I think our teams are more evenly matched than those teams were). It's just that much harder to not finally have one of those games.
    Don't worry about motivation. It's a championship game and everyone will be up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Don't worry about motivation. It's a championship game and everyone will be up for it.
    I think maybe you missed some context, but I agree there's plenty of motivation.

Just watched most of the JMU vs SDSU 1st Quarter....definitely something wrong with Taryn C's grip, not sure why Stiegs gave up the run game before turnover #4, they were cranking out 6-8 yards a shot. Do I dare watch the 2nd Q? If this is JMU's defense that shows up, our TE's will break a few and Bruce will have a few big runs, not to mention Stick's legs.

I would expect JMU to make plenty of adjustments, going to be a close one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrocker View Post
    Just watched most of the JMU vs SDSU 1st Quarter....definitely something wrong with Taryn C's grip, not sure why Stiegs gave up the run game before turnover #4, they were cranking out 6-8 yards a shot. Do I dare watch the 2nd Q? If this is JMU's defense that shows up, our TE's will break a few and Bruce will have a few big runs, not to mention Stick's legs.

I would expect JMU to make plenty of adjustments, going to be a close one.
    They were defending the pass...they will not play us the same way. We will not see the opportunities SDSU saw.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Remember that time SDSU was gashing for like 6 yards a pop and then stopped doing it? Stig went Stig on it and said...we are good. Just lock in on the tall kid and keep throwing it. Your small hands will be fine. I hope NDSU comes out running, and keeps running. Set up some passing game, and do what we do best. I really thought SDSU had that game with how easy they seemed to be running the ball. If SDSU could have stopped STigging themselves, they could have had a much different outcome. I also do not think our LB's ever will ever let a kid run untouched...twice....like he was running in a park chasing butterflies. Was Rosenboom tying his shoes on those plays? Still watching those replays wondering why he is respecting QB run and not the give. But, I wanted to play JMU. I want to play the best!
    Probably dreaming about twisting ankles. That should bring out the bunny turd lurkers.

I tend to agree with you, JMU will not defend the pass, until we have a few TE receptions.

I watched last year's NDSU/JMU game again and made some observations.

Our team in general looked tired and beat up. I didn't see the normal energy and enthusiasm.

Compared to this year's defense, last year's defense looked slooooooow, particularly at LB. I know they were beat up but they're much faster now.

Watch the off sides penalty on our defense that led to a fg for JMU instead of a punt in the 4th quarter. I didn't see it. I saw the defender twitch but I don't think he moved into the neutral zone. It was sort of a defensive false start, I guess, which of course is not a penalty. I don't think they replayed it much or discussed it other than saying it was a penalty. In the end, I'm not sure it impacted the game anyway although it would have kept the game tied.

JMU RB was a dude. Great player.

JMU QB isn't extremely athletic (arm or legs) but he makes great decisions and tough plays when needed.

JMU defense was impressive. Steele is named appropriately and their CBs were very talented.

JMU is well coached and disciplined for the most part.

This will be a hard fought, low scoring, 4Q game. NDSU's WRs, TEs and QB will need to make some plays to score against a very good JMU defense. That said, I think NDSU's defense is just as good and the speed at LB will make it much harder for JMU to run this year. We know what happens when NDSU (and JMU for that matter) gets a team in a must pass situation.

I like the Bison in a close game but honestly, it's a flip of a coin. I'd like to see NDSU start very conservatively on offense and avoid big mistakes early. If the defense can get some early stops, I'll feel pretty confident. I agree with TAB though, they won't play us the same as they did SDSU so, while we may find some running room, it may not be as easy as you'd think after watching the SDSU game.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!