Page 113 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    Yeah, I watched your game with them (ESPN3 is the greatest). I also watched a couple of your other games (know thine enemy), but I think the most definitive game I watched (other than my trip to the Fargo Dome) was your playoff win over SDSU last year. That one drive that was like 12 minutes long was like watching a boa constrictor kill it's prey, ended the game right there. We need to have you with more 3 and out type drives, and we need to win the 3rd quarter.
    We converted a lot of 3rd and longs against SDSU in that playoff win. No way we would have made many of those against JMU. SDSU's pass defense was not very strong last year.

If we are to win, we cannot be faced with may 3rd and long situations. Passing against JMU in must-pass situations is begging for interceptions.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't have done it again this year. It was more disappointing than anything. For as much as SDSU is a vaunted MVFC team, they do not have a MVFC defense. They aren't as squishy as Sam Houston but points were to be had on them and we blew it. I do have to say, when you see the upward trajectory the team has had since then, it's easy to look at that game as an outlier.
    Turnovers, and it might be the difference in 1/6 as well. I actually think we need to force them, I'm not sure it's to our advantage to be even in that category even if it's a 0.

Latest long term discussion from the National Weather Service. Could it really get that warm?

Another reinforcing cold front will move through Wednesday which will serve to keep highs generally in the 30s and lows in the 20s into the later part of the week. No precipitation is expected with dry northwesterly flow aloft prevailing. The reservoir of arctic air will be exhausted by next weekend and in classic Texas fashion we`ll probably be looking at highs near 70 by Jan 7th as the upper pattern switches to a more zonal flow.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We converted a lot of 3rd and longs against SDSU in that playoff win. No way we would have made many of those against JMU. SDSU's pass defense was not very strong last year.

If we are to win, we cannot be faced with may 3rd and long situations. Passing against JMU in must-pass situations is begging for interceptions.
    Need to mix it up on 1st down. Play action passes to tight ends. If NDSU has a matchup advantage in the passing games it their deep group of TEs vs JMU linebackers.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    Latest long term discussion from the National Weather Service. Could it really get that warm?

Another reinforcing cold front will move through Wednesday which will serve to keep highs generally in the 30s and lows in the 20s into the later part of the week. No precipitation is expected with dry northwesterly flow aloft prevailing. The reservoir of arctic air will be exhausted by next weekend and in classic Texas fashion we`ll probably be looking at highs near 70 by Jan 7th as the upper pattern switches to a more zonal flow.
    Come on, zonal flow!!!!!!!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post

Yes, we like obvious passing downs. We don't give up many first downs in that situation. Most of the year we've only given up an average of 1 drive per game, BUT that number has trended upward in the playoffs with better competition. Sometimes, like SDSU, it turns into a snowball going downhill. #6 Jimmy Moreland seems to get picked on a lot, but that's because he usually covers the other team's best receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It's happened more often than you think. The SDSU game, for instance.
    I hope Mess learned something from that game. We absolutely have to stay balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I hope Mess learned something from that game. We absolutely have to stay balanced.
    and we have. It's like night and day.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I dont expect either QB to play super well. However, Stick doesnt need to throw for 200+ and multiple tds to win. Can Jmu say the same about Schorr?
    Schor did get away with a couple very risky decisions in last year's semi. The first was on the first drive I believe when they had a 3rd and long and he scrambled to his right and heaved a rainbow downfield that came down uncontested to his receiver since no Bison defender picked up the ball despite the fact that they were in zone coverage. The 2nd was on the drive where they kicked the FG to take the lead back in the 4th and he scrambled left and threw across his body. Stumpf overran the guy he was defending for some reason (maybe he thought Schor was going to run) so he put himself out of position to defend what should've been an easily defendable or interceptable pass and it led to about a 40 yard catch and run.

Schor did get burned once heaving up a prayer in the 3rd quarter that Grimsley floated over to intercept.

I think the he'll give the Bison secondary some opportunities in this game... it'll be up to them to take advantage of it or up to the JMU WRs to make a great play (as Stapleton has done multiple times in their last two games).

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    And 51 of those were the last game where you got 10 turnovers too. IMO the CAA was down this year outside of JMU. Weber is a lot like NDSU only NDSU is better at just about everything and Cantwell isn't in the same league as Stick. Your secondary is the best in FCS but I think NDSU will be able to move the ball on the ground and thru the air this year. I don't think JMU will get the big chunk plays they are used to so we'll see if your boys can sustain drives. They didn't do that very well against Weber or SDSU and NDSU's defense is much tougher then either of those teams.
    I'd love to have Weber's CB Taron Johnson in this game though. I also get the feeling that Stick will have more success through the air than most expect and it'll be because he'll be primarily throwing to the backs and TEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Schor did get away with a couple very risky decisions in last year's semi. The first was on the first drive I believe when they had a 3rd and long and he scrambled to his right and heaved a rainbow downfield that came down uncontested to his receiver since no Bison defender picked up the ball despite the fact that they were in zone coverage. The 2nd was on the drive where they kicked the FG to take the lead back in the 4th and he scrambled left and threw across his body. Stumpf overran the guy he was defending for some reason (maybe he thought Schor was going to run) so he put himself out of position to defend what should've been an easily defendable or interceptable pass and it led to about a 40 yard catch and run.

Schor did get burned once heaving up a prayer in the 3rd quarter that Grimsley floated over to intercept.

I think the he'll give the Bison secondary some opportunities in this game... it'll be up to them to take advantage of it or up to the JMU WRs to make a great play (as Stapleton has done multiple times in their last two games).

I'd love to have Weber's CB Taron Johnson in this game though. I also get the feeling that Stick will have more success through the air than most expect and it'll be because he'll be primarily throwing to the backs and TEs.
    That first rainbow pass blew me away. JMU did that the previous game against SHSU. I laughed when they did that and said if they do that against the Bison they are in for a rude awakening...no way we don't intercept that and get a major return. Then they do it against us...and made us look plain silly. I was so disgusted after that play.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]