Page 152 of 161 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Maybe this is a game we see Desmond Cain get a few catches? Hasn't done a lot this year from a receiving standpoint but he definitely has the ability.
    He certainly doesn't get defensive pass interference calls.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    I keep waiting... was mauled in the end zone by that SHSU DB that the refs didn't call as PI during the semi-final game. I have had high hopes for him to be a difference maker -- it would be awesome if this is his break-out game.
    I think he has done a good job blocking. Hopefully he can turn it on next year

Interesting tidbit the current turnover margin for these teams is NDSU +17 and JMU +24. If you take away the SDSU games from both you'd have NDSU +21 and JMU +16.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

Hey guys!!! What's the name of that one bar that's packed with Bison fans. You know that one, that one bar. That one place that was packed? You know the one. Boy was that one bar packed?

Honest question, do JMU fans know what a truely packed bar in Frisco looks like? Are their tents outside? How many times has the fire marshal paid a visit?
    Lulz. They're gonna have to take over fort worth.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Lulz. They're gonna have to take over fort worth.
    I love how the "average dukes fan" twitter account is the epitome of their foolishness.

Just now getting around to Star Wars references. Quick one he is.

BTW, the rebels are borings AF. They win and guess what? No one makes a movie until the Empire is back to kicking ass because that's what the people want.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    Talked to some JM fans tonight in Legacy. Nice people. Asked alot of questions about NDSU. How much is our endowment, etc. They are embarrassed about the mess they left last year at tailgating and during the game. They are convinced that since they beat SDSU they will have no trouble with us. 10x more Bison fans in the Legacy area. They said many of their fans will not make it due to weather issues on the east coast.
    Excuses

I personally hate the sdsu comparisons. Means very little.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Excuses

I personally hate the sdsu comparisons. Means very little.
    I am fine with people looking at the SDSU game against NDSU for insight into how to beat NDSU. There are probably things that a trained eye can find. But I think that it should then be looked for in more recent games and make sure that it is still the case and not simply a "one-off" thing that happened. For that matter there might be kernels of knowledge hidden in the Robert Morris game. But, again, if you think it will help you it is best to look and make sure that the players are still doing it.

The logic of looking at the SDSU game is seductive: "Here is a team that beat NDSU this year. What did the do to accomplish that?" But it can lead to a fool's errand.

1. I don't think that JMU has receivers the caliber of Weineke and Goeddert. While Stapleton is good, I don't think he is as good as these two.
    2. NDSU was still finding its feet after losing Dunn just 2 weeks earlier.
    3. NDSU was in the midst of a brutal stretch in which it played 4 playoff teams in 4 weeks and bookended by YSU and Illinois State (both above .500 teams). That is a pretty brutal stretch.

What they are trying to pass for "analysis" is, "SDSU beat NDSU; JMU beat SDSU. Therefore, JMU will beat NDSU (JMU>SDSU>NDSU). While it makes sense it assumes that the quality of play is static which is a bad assumption. I think almost all of Stick's interceptions took place in a 3 game stretch (WIU, UNI, SDSU) and he threw none before that and very few, if any, after that. It assumes that SDSU is the exact same quality of team as faced NDSU and that JMU is going to be able to do the same thing against NDSU as they did against SDSU. These are bad assumptions. First of all, I don't think that JMU will have a running back run for 200+ yards. Also, the strength of JMUs defense is their pass defense (IMO) and their ability to create turnovers in pass defense. SDSU's offense is a vertical offense based on getting Weineke and Goeddert in vertical routes. This plays right into the hands of the JMU defense. They also have a very good run defense. But their strength is their pass defense. Finally, there are stories coming out that Goeddert, and possibly Christion, were dealing with injuries that they weren't dealing with when they played NDSU.

By the same token there are probably things that can be gleaned from watching JMU vs Weber St. But be careful coming too much to general conclusions based on 1 game.

It is entirely possible that JMU will beat NDSU tomorrow. But I doubt that the game much resembles either team's game against SDSU.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lost in the shuffle of the SDSU games is the blatantly obvious officiating errors in Brookings which were posted in GIF form.....and then the 10 turnovers. Neither of which are relevant in this game because both were a flat out ridiculous in different fashions.

Can’t wait to see the final dagger tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    I am fine with people looking at the SDSU game against NDSU for insight into how to beat NDSU. There are probably things that a trained eye can find. But I think that it should then be looked for in more recent games and make sure that it is still the case and not simply a "one-off" thing that happened. For that matter there might be kernels of knowledge hidden in the Robert Morris game. But, again, if you think it will help you it is best to look and make sure that the players are still doing it.

The logic of looking at the SDSU game is seductive: "Here is a team that beat NDSU this year. What did the do to accomplish that?" But it can lead to a fool's errand.

1. I don't think that JMU has receivers the caliber of Weineke and Goeddert. While Stapleton is good, I don't think he is as good as these two.
    2. NDSU was still finding its feet after losing Dunn just 2 weeks earlier.
    3. NDSU was in the midst of a brutal stretch in which it played 4 playoff teams in 4 weeks and bookended by YSU and Illinois State (both above .500 teams). That is a pretty brutal stretch.

What they are trying to pass for "analysis" is, "SDSU beat NDSU; JMU beat SDSU. Therefore, JMU will beat NDSU (JMU>SDSU>NDSU). While it makes sense it assumes that the quality of play is static which is a bad assumption. I think almost all of Stick's interceptions took place in a 3 game stretch (WIU, UNI, SDSU) and he threw none before that and very few, if any, after that. It assumes that SDSU is the exact same quality of team as faced NDSU and that JMU is going to be able to do the same thing against NDSU as they did against SDSU. These are bad assumptions. First of all, I don't think that JMU will have a running back run for 200+ yards. Also, the strength of JMUs defense is their pass defense (IMO) and their ability to create turnovers in pass defense. SDSU's offense is a vertical offense based on getting Weineke and Goeddert in vertical routes. This plays right into the hands of the JMU defense. They also have a very good run defense. But their strength is their pass defense. Finally, there are stories coming out that Goeddert, and possibly Christion, were dealing with injuries that they weren't dealing with when they played NDSU.

By the same token there are probably things that can be gleaned from watching JMU vs Weber St. But be careful coming too much to general conclusions based on 1 game.

It is entirely possible that JMU will beat NDSU tomorrow. But I doubt that the game much resembles either team's game against SDSU.
    TLDR version: NDSU probably won't turn the ball over 5 times much less 10.