Page 110 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    You guys spend a lot of time trying to convince yourselves, 3 weeks to prepare works both ways. We haven't played a team like you, you haven't played a team like us. Yeah MVFC, blah, blah, blah, but our experience the last 2 years against MVFC teams is 3-0 and a combined margin of 106-47 and 14 of those 47 were in garbage time. The only team that gave us a game was NDSU, and I expect it will be a game decided in the 4th quarter again. I could be wrong, won't be the first time or the last time. But we have the best defensive secondary in FCS, which allows us a lot of flexibility with 7-8 up front to deal with the run. Can you run the ball on us? Maybe, but not many teams have been able to sustain a one-dimensional attack for an entire game against us. Can you beat us passing the football? Maybe, if Cantwell and Weber can almost do it then no reason Stick can't. How tight PI gets called could make a huge difference, we'll play press man and be very physical on the corners. Either way, the will to win is certainly not an advantage for either team. And neither is home field, this time.......
    Just curious, is this the best use of your time? Does JMU have a forum. I've never looked. Do you peep in your neighbors windows too?
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

You guys spend a lot of time trying to convince yourselves, 3 weeks to prepare works both ways. We haven't played a team like you, you haven't played a team like us. Yeah MVFC, blah, blah, blah, but our experience the last 2 years against MVFC teams is 3-0 and a combined margin of 106-47 and 14 of those 47 were in garbage time. The only team that gave us a game was NDSU, and I expect it will be a game decided in the 4th quarter again. I could be wrong, won't be the first time or the last time. But we have the best defensive secondary in FCS, which allows us a lot of flexibility with 7-8 up front to deal with the run. Can you run the ball on us? Maybe, but not many teams have been able to sustain a one-dimensional attack for an entire game against us. Can you beat us passing the football? Maybe, if Cantwell and Weber can almost do it then no reason Stick can't. How tight PI gets called could make a huge difference, we'll play press man and be very physical on the corners. Either way, the will to win is certainly not an advantage for either team. And neither is home field, this time.......
    It kept getting said because in 3 weeks you can put in a lot of different looks and defensive wrinkles. 90 percent of JMU offense is how well Schor reads a defense. Shotgun Zone read shotgun zone read shotgun zone read. Rinse repeat for JMU. Keep the qb guessing and NdSU odds of winning are way up

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Just curious, is this the best use of your time? Does JMU have a forum. I've never looked. Do you peep in your neighbors windows too?
    Hey Steeler's been a good dude over here. It's fun to hear from reasonable fans. He has a right to feel confident about his team just like we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Hey Steeler's been a good dude over here. It's fun to hear from reasonable fans. He has a right to feel confident about his team just like we do.
    Agreed.

10 char

And 51 of those were the last game where you got 10 turnovers too. IMO the CAA was down this year outside of JMU. Weber is a lot like NDSU only NDSU is better at just about everything and Cantwell isn't in the same league as Stick. Your secondary is the best in FCS but I think NDSU will be able to move the ball on the ground and thru the air this year. I don't think JMU will get the big chunk plays they are used to so we'll see if your boys can sustain drives. They didn't do that very well against Weber or SDSU and NDSU's defense is much tougher then either of those teams.

It's a different animal playing in the MVFC than playing a team from the MVFC for one game. Your "gauntlet" of a conference season doesn't even come close to ours. I'm sorry, it just doesn't. With that said, modeling your team after the best MVFC team (and arguably nationally) should garner a little more respect than you're giving in this most recent post. I've enjoyed your posts today as they are insightful and lack smack talk. If you do your homework, you will see this year's matchup will be nothing like last year's. We've become better on both sides of the ball where you have declined on offense. Against lesser competition. And please spare me the SDSU talk. Arguably our worst game this year and the same could be said for their game against you. I have no predictions but look forward to a great game played by similar teams.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    It's a different animal playing in the MVFC than playing a team from the MVFC for one game. Your "gauntlet" of a conference season doesn't even come close to ours. I'm sorry, it just doesn't. With that said, modeling your team after the best MVFC team (and arguably nationally) should garner a little more respect than you're giving in this most recent post. I've enjoyed your posts today as they are insightful and lack smack talk. If you do your homework, you will see this year's matchup will be nothing like last year's. We've become better on both sides of the ball where you have declined on offense. Against lesser competition. And please spare me the SDSU talk. Arguably our worst game this year and the same could be said for their game against you. I have no predictions but look forward to a great game played by similar teams.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I actually agree, in fact if we don't do a better job being efficient and productive on offense we might be in serious trouble. I'm hopeful that we'll continue to show up, I expect nothing less from NDSU. I also expect a fun experience in Frisco, but someone is going home unhappy. God knows it's been me plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    And 51 of those were the last game where you got 10 turnovers too. IMO the CAA was down this year outside of JMU. Weber is a lot like NDSU only NDSU is better at just about everything and Cantwell isn't in the same league as Stick. Your secondary is the best in FCS but I think NDSU will be able to move the ball on the ground and thru the air this year. I don't think JMU will get the big chunk plays they are used to so we'll see if your boys can sustain drives. They didn't do that very well against Weber or SDSU and NDSU's defense is much tougher then either of those teams.
    Ha, SDSU ruining my smack talk.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    It is most certainly not the best use of my time, but our message board isn't either. Some of your fans have been over there, most have been reasonable. I'm not trying to be a d!ck, I'm too old for that. I just enjoy good football, you guys play it and right now so do we. I'm actually also a coach, though I'm a fastpitch softball coach (mine are both girls, no football in my house) so I enjoy talking football with someone. Right now it's you guys, but if it offends you can't you block me or something. Or I'll go back with the JMU homers, it's just not often we run into a team that actually has a fanbase.

Quick edit, the high school team I coach has won 3 straight state championships. My smart-aleck daughter, a senior who is not going to JMU next year, asked me if I was going to stick around long enough to go for the NDSU one for the thumb. I guess she's assuming she's going to win a fourth this spring, but she's certainly enjoyed calling us the Bison of high school softball.

I actually agree, in fact if we don't do a better job being efficient and productive on offense we might be in serious trouble. I'm hopeful that we'll continue to show up, I expect nothing less from NDSU. I also expect a fun experience in Frisco, but someone is going home unhappy. God knows it's been me plenty of times.
    I know disappointment... grew up a Vikings fan... watched all 4 Super Bowls, wishing and hoping for a miracle that never came. Maybe this year