Page 109 of 161 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Scoring is troubling in it's self but they didn't move the ball on the vaunted SDSU D.
    What is kind of sad for the bunnies, is that was one of their most well rounded teams they have probably ever had. Certainly the potential to be a very good defense if they could put two quarters together. Rozeboom was a gamer. They had some good individual play on defense and occasionally good team play. They are going to look back on this season and realize as bad as the first half went, they could have still salvaged something with some more conservative play in the 3rd quarter against JMU. You have to make a team like JMU beat you, not give it to them. The bunnies quit. The playoff bunnies are exactly the same as the regular season bunnies. They didn't change anything for UNI and won the second time around. SDSU only worried me because I thought it would be their defense that would have driven them to Frisco this season. It just so happened to be it was their defense that kept JMU from scoring 100.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    Uh, we're already crowned.....but no doubt NDSU will be the toughest team we've ever played in the final
    If JMU beats the Bison, they will not be given the game. Last year's semi-final game was about as close to a blowout as you will see the Bison. Just that feeling they couldn't get one of the wheels back on the track. I have seen opponents quit. You could see when SHSU quit. You could see when JSU quit. NDSU won't quit. They won't make the mistakes that will run the whole train off the tracks. Even with one wheel off, the most injury riddled team I have ever seen of them, and facing a good opponent, it was a 3 point game with 1/2 the fourth quarter to go. One play here or there from turning the tables.

With three weeks to prepare and one of the best defensive minds in football, this is a one game season. No team JMU has seen yet in any playoff game in the last two seasons will be like this one. A Bison team mostly healthy in the places on the team where they can hurt you the most. A Bison team that is as hungry as they have ever been. Most of the roster has won a championship before, so it isn't like this is a new experience. I am predicting one of those games where the Bison offense holds on to the ball for 40 minutes. The third quarter will look like the perfect machine we have seen over the last 7 years. It will be one of those quarters where they can put the play up on the video board and it won't matter. Perfect execution. While the Bison defense is what people talk about, it should be the Rams that scare the shit out of you. The Rams are hungry enough to make their opponents quit. The more I think about our 8 man rotation on the d-line and our Rams, the more I am absolutely convinced this will make it 6 out of 7.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    I'm a much bigger jackass in person.........just ask my wife.

Bulldog had a son that was a stud OL on our 2008 semifinalist team. Edit....son in law
    Sweet Jesus, that means this guy is most likely in his 50s?! I pegged him for a guy in his mid to late 20s with the way he jumped to talk about throwing fists and everything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The more I think about this game and analyze the 2 teams the more I like NDSU's chances. Going over last years game it was quite evident that the Bison were completely wore out going into that game. They had no energy early, got a spurt of adrenaline and Bison pride in the third quarter but it simply wasn't enough to beat a quality JMU team. Watching this years team there was a renewed energy from just about everyone. That SDSU game lit a fire under Easton and the entire team. Looking over JMU's schedule and how they have played I just don't see the same team as last years. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the Bison win and I don't think it will be as close as the score board might indicate.

I believe the same as you Bisonator98

Quote Originally Posted by tke View Post
    Sweet Jesus, that means this guy is most likely in his 50s?! I pegged him for a guy in his mid to late 20s with the way he jumped to talk about throwing fists and everything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    He has "quick hands for a big guy." I do pray he doesn't have any eligibility left, as I'd hate to see him suit up for Knute Houston's team.
    "Eastern Quick Hands" ranks right up there with "Southern Speed" as something Midwesterners just cannot deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The more I think about this game and analyze the 2 teams the more I like NDSU's chances. Going over last years game it was quite evident that the Bison were completely wore out going into that game. They had no energy early, got a spurt of adrenaline and Bison pride in the third quarter but it simply wasn't enough to beat a quality JMU team. Watching this years team there was a renewed energy from just about everyone. That SDSU game lit a fire under Easton and the entire team. Looking over JMU's schedule and how they have played I just don't see the same team as last years. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the Bison win and I don't think it will be as close as the score board might indicate.
    With you 100% as well! They look like they are having a blast out there this year as well

You guys spend a lot of time trying to convince yourselves, 3 weeks to prepare works both ways. We haven't played a team like you, you haven't played a team like us. Yeah MVFC, blah, blah, blah, but our experience the last 2 years against MVFC teams is 3-0 and a combined margin of 106-47 and 14 of those 47 were in garbage time. The only team that gave us a game was NDSU, and I expect it will be a game decided in the 4th quarter again. I could be wrong, won't be the first time or the last time. But we have the best defensive secondary in FCS, which allows us a lot of flexibility with 7-8 up front to deal with the run. Can you run the ball on us? Maybe, but not many teams have been able to sustain a one-dimensional attack for an entire game against us. Can you beat us passing the football? Maybe, if Cantwell and Weber can almost do it then no reason Stick can't. How tight PI gets called could make a huge difference, we'll play press man and be very physical on the corners. Either way, the will to win is certainly not an advantage for either team. And neither is home field, this time.......

I'm calling it NDSU by two scores and when we look back the game won't be as close as we felt it was watching it live.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm calling it NDSU by two scores and when we look back the game won't be as close as we felt it was watching it live.
    Funny, I'm calling it 10 points for JMU. Maybe 27-17?