Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    No comment on Brooks?
    Ross tweeted outside chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    No comment on Brooks?
    @DomIzzoWDAY - Klieman adds that Ty Brooks is likely doubtful for the #FCSChamp, will know more this weekend.

Anything he provides about depth or lack of it before next Friday is pure gamesmanship... he will not show his hand... I know I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Similar on-field goals for both teams. It probably comes down to turnovers. Stick has been playing well. We'll see. Both teams have lost a lot of players to injury.
    Agreed. I don't think Houston was blowing smoke when he said he built this team with having to compete with the likes of NDSU in mind. Our teams are similar by design, mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Can't wait until this game is played and over with.

Steeler guy is good company. I wish bulldogg and LOL guy were swallowed by their moms
    I'm a much bigger jackass in person.........just ask my wife.

Bulldog had a son that was a stud OL on our 2008 semifinalist team. Edit....son in law

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    Agreed. I don't think Houston was blowing smoke when he said he built this team with having to compete with the likes of NDSU in mind. Our teams are similar by design, mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery (or something like that).
    I keep hearing/seeing this. It was said many times last year. How does a first year(now second year) coach get credit for building a team? It bugs me every time I see/hear it because when I think about building a team I think about recruiting and developing, strength training, etc. Not change of coaching philosophy. Honest question

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I keep hearing/seeing this. It was said many times last year. How does a first year(now second year) coach get credit for building a team? It bugs me every time I see/hear it because when I think about building a team I think about recruiting and developing, strength training, etc. Not change of coaching philosophy. Honest question
    As was said previously, JMU had great athletes before Houston ever stepped foot on campus. I think everything was in place to make a philosophy change. His ability to get kids to buy in to his system quickly is why they have had such sudden success. I think of it as a lot of FBS teams. They're going to get their pick of kids (typically) and the money/support/training is there. It's all how you use it. If you have a flawed system or coaching philosophy in general, the success won't be there.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    As was said previously, JMU had great athletes before Houston ever stepped foot on campus. I think everything was in place to make a philosophy change. His ability to get kids to buy in to his system quickly is why they have had such sudden success. I think of it as a lot of FBS teams. They're going to get their pick of kids (typically) and the money/support/training is there. It's all how you use it. If you have a flawed system or coaching philosophy in general, the success won't be there.
    Exactly so why does everyone refer to him as building a program?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

JMU is by far the best team we have faced in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    JMU is by far the best team we have faced in Frisco.
    Meh... that's still TBD I think. 2011 SHSU had a darn good team. 2014 Illinois St was best equipped to beat the Bison in any championship game so far. 2015 Jacksonville St was coming off a bigger semifinal blowout win than JMU is this year.

Let's just see what happens on 1/6 before we "crown" them.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    This is what I meant, and quite frankly I think Houston was even surprised at how quickly our D was able to adapt to the scheme this staff wanted to play. To say you want to instill a philosophy is one thing, to actually already have the players in place when you step in is an entirely different situation. Doesn't happen often, we were very fortunate to already have some great recruiting classes already in place.