Page 103 of 161 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1607

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Thanks for the great insight Steeler... I did not mean to go there with your fellow alum... but when anyone starts that "flyover state" crap -- it "triggers" me... I live in Virginia, and have many friends who graduated from JMU... it's a fine institution. This is going to be a fantastic Championship game, two teams that match up really well together, anyone that is predicting a blow out for either side is uninformed or trolling Hope you have an excellent time in Frisco!
    Ha, I'm not sure who that guy is but he got a little over the top. That's why I felt compelled to explain our situation, I'm currently on the Parent's Council and my wife and I are alums. My perspective goes back to when we were a completely different school than we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    There is something in common with NDSU however such goals are not shared by the state legislature and their puppets on the board or higher education.
    Well athletics is one of those areas where it would seem to be a little easier to put your best foot forward, the opportunity to make a "splash" seems much quicker. NDSU and JMU are similar in the opportunity that has been afforded through football, but there was a time when JMU's window of opportunity was with Lefty and basketball but we allowed the window to slam shut on our fingers. My question has always been if you aren't willing to take advantage of a "national" opportunity in athletics, I'm not very confident you're going to be willing to do so in any other aspect of the university because every other aspect is incrementally more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Steeler's posts were *STELLARAR , but JMU27 brought it on himself & he got what he wanted - a beat down!
    Talon, I was reading about Erk Russell last night... wow, what a coach! How in the heck did you guys land that guy to restart the GSU program back in the early 80s? I am proud that he is part of 1AA/FCS lore... GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by JMU27NDSU17LOL View Post
    You guys act like you’re the only team that can bring fans to Frisco. “We will be everywhere.” So will we. I’m looking forward to drinking your tears after the game. I provided a well-thought response, and you guys act like little toddlers. This is why everyone hates you. The only fan base that the FCS can collectively agree is a steaming pile of overweight, crybaby shit. To quote Kenny Powers, kiss my ass, and suck my dick, everyone. Ban me pussies!
    Happy New Year to you....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I'm curious to hear what the JMU fans here think about the actual game. Checking out your board it seems your fans are very confident that you have a better defense and offense then NDSU. I think the defenses are pretty close actually and while our offense can be inconsistent at times it's been pretty darn good since the SDSU game. Watching JMU against Weber and SDSU probably isn't the best sample size but quite frankly JMU's offense wasn't overly impressive. They made some big plays obviously but lot's of 3 and outs too. Pretty similar to last years semi-final but I think this years NDSU defense is way better then the one that played that game. Why are JMU fans so confident about their offense against our defense?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Streamers killed my first dog or something.

From now on, I see a purple streamer, I report the douche a-throwing it.
    My cousin died from a streamer OD. He started small. Party balloons and those confetti poppers. They he got hooked on the streamers and it was all over. Don't tell me they're not dangerous!
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    That's a lot of words just to say Harrisonburg fucking sucks and has no jobs
    Laughed out loud at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm curious to hear what the JMU fans here think about the actual game. Checking out your board it seems your fans are very confident that you have a better defense and offense then NDSU. I think the defenses are pretty close actually and while our offense can be inconsistent at times it's been pretty darn good since the SDSU game. Watching JMU against Weber and SDSU probably isn't the best sample size but quite frankly JMU's offense wasn't overly impressive. They made some big plays obviously but lot's of 3 and outs too. Pretty similar to last years semi-final but I think this years NDSU defense is way better then the one that played that game. Why are JMU fans so confident about their offense against our defense?
    Two words: SDSU

Not saying it's warranted but when you dumptruck the only team to beat NDSU this year it's pretty easy for them to extrapolate that into confidence matching up against NDSU. I don't think their fanbase as a whole is any more confident than JSU was back in 2015. In fact it may be slightly more tolerable since everything isn't all #buttAuburn. At least JMU fans know better than to resort to #buttPirates (a.k.a. East Carolina)... at least I hope they do.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I think the game against SDSU has clouded some people's judgement on how good they are. Just my opinion. I think their offense is more than adequate don't get me wrong. All they see is that we lost to SDSU by 12 and they beat them by 35.

Their more knowledgeable posters know that this will be a tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I think the game against SDSU has clouded some people's judgement on how good they are. Just my opinion. I think their offense is more than adequate don't get me wrong. All they see is that we lost to SDSU by 12 and they beat them by 35.
    Yep. Ol' Stiggy puffed them up even more with his postgame comments about how multiple aspects of JMU's team were "the best SDSU has seen all year".