Page 39 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I watched the Sammy game with the owners of Scruffy Duffy’s at another bar that they own in Addison. They were wearing NDSU gear and making more noise than I was. One owner said they’ll make $100,000 if NDSU wins.
    Holy shit we drink alot
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    This is because NDSU has a democratic process for increasing student fees. They are putting the average student 8k in debt to be on ESPN.

Or those poor souls pay $11,700 when it's paid back at around $82/ month for 12 years.
    JMU's $47M Athletic Budget equates to a Walmart Cashier driving a new leased Escalade, it's not very impressive.

Much prefer NDSU's "Money Ball" Approach.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I watched the Sammy game with the owners of Scruffy Duffy’s at another bar that they own in Addison. They were wearing NDSU gear and making more noise than I was. One owner said they’ll make $100,000 if NDSU wins.
    I am hoping they do the street tent again.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    This is because NDSU has a democratic process for increasing student fees. They are putting the average student 8k in debt to be on ESPN.

Or those poor souls pay $11,700 when it's paid back at around $82/ month for 12 years.
    Puts a hell of a lot of perspective to them thumping their chests over how much their coach makes.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    picked the wrong image. They posted saying they'll see us soon. Guess the particulars haven't been ironed out yet.

they're excited
    It's not just the bars.

I contacted both the Plano and Frisco visitor bureaus, and they told me they recommended (reading between the lines, made it mandatory) to their member hotels that the hotels in their respective cities do everything possible to sell their rooms for the weekend to only NDSU fans. They also "recommended" that all restaurants try to keep their private event rooms open for NDSU fans.

Things are shaping up quite nicely for a complete NDSU monopoly on everything in and around Frisco.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

JMU has 6 men's and 11 women's sports

https://jmusports.com/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    It's not just the bars.

I contacted both the Plano and Frisco visitor bureaus, and they told me they recommended (reading between the lines, made it mandatory) to their member hotels that the hotels in their respective cities do everything possible to sell their rooms for the weekend to only NDSU fans. They are also "recommended" that all restaurants try to keep their private event rooms open for NDSU fans.

Things are shaping up quite nicely for a complete NDSU monopoly on everything in and around Frisco.
    but they HATE us! They were so glad we weren't there last year. They told the Welfare Madison fans!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Both teams can be good. I wouldn't say those saying JMU is good are always discounting the fact that NDSU is also good. I don't think it's disrespectful towards NDSU when people say JMU is the team to beat. They're winners of 26 in a row and defending national champs. Like I said earlier, let them wear that mantle... IMO it'll do nothing but help the Bison's chances to come away with a win down in Frisco.

I am wondering our DBs allowed SHSU to march all the way from their 10 yard-20 yard line to redzone. Its another thing that SHSU failed to convert in the redzone.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Maybe we can get the NCAA to ban JMU fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Puts a hell of a lot of perspective to them thumping their chests over how much their coach makes.
    It's an impressive figure. And we should pay coach K more if possible. However, I paid off my school loans 2 years ago, 6 years out of school. I am grateful NDSU didn't decide to saddle me or my family with another 10k in school loans. Really, even as a taxpayer I am kind of outraged that JMU is gaming the system. How are they much better than for profit degree mills?