Page 38 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs JMU

Default Re: NDSU vs JMU

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    SO your saying joe blow taxpayer is also a booster
    Since I am an engineer I like crunching numbers. Found 2 stats -24% default rate and another 40% default rate. Both for federal loans. 66% of college graduates have loans.

That means at JMU 25 million out of 38 million is coming from loans. And out of that 10 million will never get paid back.

So Joe Schmoe American is subsidizing JMU at 10 million a year.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    *Giant ass image*
    He probably meant from this year
    Hail Hydra.

They just hate us, don't they?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    lolollolololllolollllloo

If u make the field its a penalty....so says the jmu fan forum
    These would work too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    How does a regional school with a $80 million endowment have a 47 million athletic budget?

Schools work similar budgets- USF - $417 million endowment.

UH- $716 million endowment

NDSU - $160 million endowment.

I used to be in student government. No one would easily approve a student fees hike. 36% of their tuition goes to others areas instead of academics.

That means for out of staters out of 27k almost 10k goes into the other category.

Edit: Did some number crunching every student is paying $2000/ year roughly for the athletic budget. JESUS.
    Noticed that too!!! Very interesting how they have financed their Athletics on the backs of students.

NDSU Boosters and Alums have contributed 3X what JMU's have($6.2M vs $2.5M). NDSU's ticket revenue is almost double JMU's ($4.8M vs $2.8M). Yet, NDSU's student fees are 3% of what JMU's ($1.4M vs $36.3M). Source: http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Oh, and they don't provide their athletes with FCOA in spite of a $47M athletic budget.

And they want to move to FBS... Right!

Quote Originally Posted by KidZer0 View Post
    Y'all realize that the chances of security actually ejecting anyone is slim (especially if a large number of folks do it - that would just cause a riot), and the chance of an on-field penalty is zero, right? Crap like this is banned almost everywhere, but enforcement is lax at best. Maybe Indy can chime in, but I've never seen or heard of a football crowd cause a penalty for anyone...

(I do like that it's got the JMU fans all in a tizzy. If nothing else, that makes it all worth while)
    Put your head down and grab a pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    He probably meant from this year
    picked the wrong image. They posted saying they'll see us soon. Guess the particulars haven't been ironed out yet.

they're excited

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I hope the Scruffy Duffies house band plays that

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Noticed that too!!! Very interesting how they have financed their Athletics on the backs of students.

NDSU Boosters and Alums have contributed 3X what JMU's have($6.2M vs $2.5M). NDSU's ticket revenue is almost double JMU's ($4.8M vs $2.8M). Yet, NDSU's student fees are 3% of what JMU's ($1.4M vs $36.3M). Source: http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Oh, and they don't provide their athletes with FCOA in spite of a $47M athletic budget.

And they want to move to FBS... Right!
    This is because NDSU has a democratic process for increasing student fees. They are putting the average student 8k in debt to be on ESPN.

Or those poor souls pay $11,700 when it's paid back at around $82/ month for 12 years.

picked the wrong image. They posted saying they'll see us soon. Guess the particulars haven't been ironed out yet.

they're excited

I watched the Sammy game with the owners of Scruffy Duffy’s at another bar that they own in Addison. They were wearing NDSU gear and making more noise than I was. One owner said they’ll make $100,000 if NDSU wins.