Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reno TOC

Default Reno TOC

Wrestling kicks off in a couple hours.

No Ream or Fogarty in the entrants list right now. Hope that's a mistake, especially in regards to Fogarty. There are a bunch of comparable guys at this tourney and a good tourney would go a long way towards getting seeded at NCAAs

Default Re: Reno TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Wrestling kicks off in a couple hours.

No Ream or Fogarty in the entrants list right now. Hope that's a mistake, especially in regards to Fogarty. There are a bunch of comparable guys at this tourney and a good tourney would go a long way towards getting seeded at NCAAs
    Those two might have more to lose than gain by being in this one, but everyone else still needs help getting that AQ spot for the conference.

The brackets just went up.

Sykora drew the #1 seed in the round of 32. I don't get it. How many do they seed in this thing?

Clingenpeel, McNutt, and Stibral will all get #1 seeds in R32 if they win their first match. What are the odds of that?

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Sykora drew the #1 seed in the round of 32. I don't get it. How many do they seed in this thing?
    Boston is solid, but nothing special and I expect Cam to win that one. IMO the two best wrestlers in that half if the bracket are meeting in round one. I expect the winner (Cam is my pick) to be in the finals.

Midkiff gets Bridges in round 1. Flo guys are loving him this year, but I expect Mac to be competitive.

Bianchi should win a couple relatively easily.

Nico should win one then face Schilling.

I love both Gliva and Bengston's draws. Bengston could get Demison in rd 2, and then Olivas in rd 3. They're both very good, but beatable. I see Gliva making the quarters and facing former NCAA champ Tsirtsis.

Mergen vs Colgan in rd 3 should be a good gauge as to Mergen's level and capability as a Ream replacement.

Clingenpeel got a rough draw. Winnable match, then Daniel Lewis, who is a hammer.

McNutt got the worst draw. Koelling is very good in rd 1. If he wins, his reward is AA Pete Renda. Witzig will have a tough first match too.

Eaton has a good path to the finals. He'd likely have either Root or Lane in the semis. Root beat Eaton in OT last year, while Eaton beat Lane in a close one.

Dan got a rough draw. Winnable first match, then Dhesi, who is Canada's best HWT and a likely Olympian in 2020.

Excited to see Oklahoma States backups and redshirts compete for the title.

If Eaton and Sykora wrestle well, they'll be finalists and that is what I'm most excited for. This tourney is nowhere near the competition level of CKLV, but making the finals is still a good statement.

For Cam, the key will be winning vs Boston while Eaton will just have to be consistent and have give up no back points.

Bengston wins by fall after hitting a cement mixer. Bianchi wins via major

Gliva with the cradle and fall.

GREAT first period by McNutt. up 4-1 and looking great on his feet

McNutt beats Koelling 8-2. That was the best match I've ever seen from Tyler. His initial TD when he transitioned from his dump to a hi-c and brought his hips in, was a thing of beauty.

Stibral in a meat grinder at the moment