Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celebration Bowl

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Celebration Bowl

I was trying to watch this garbage but after I had heard that I’m out. North Texas and Troy are playing. You know real BIG BOY FOOTBALL!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That's the only reason they do it. They make a shit ton off of it.
    About the same as an FBS game payout. The payout is 2 million divided by two conferences. The conferences divide that million how they want. I've seen anywhere from 450,000 to 550,000 for teams participating in the game, with something like 15 to 20k for the rest of the teams in conference. Good ticket sales can affect that somewhat, however the teams are on the hook to buy x amount of tickets, so there is some math involved. My source is NCA&T.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Are these teams making money off of this?
    A lot............
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    About the same as an FBS game payout. The payout is 2 million divided by two conferences. The conferences divide that million how they want. I've seen anywhere from 450,000 to 550,000 for teams participating in the game, with something like 15 to 20k for the rest of the teams in conference. Good ticket sales can affect that somewhat, however the teams are on the hook to buy x amount of tickets, so there is some math involved. My source is NCA&T.
    The game was sold out along time ago.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So let me get this right. You don’t have to play anyone for the season to help limit injuries, go to a “Bowl” game on national television for a “National” championship and make a bunch of money on top of it? Where do we sign up?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23bison View Post
    so let me get this right. You don’t have to play anyone for the season to help limit injuries, go to a “bowl” game on national television for a “national” championship and make a bunch of money on top of it? Where do we sign up?
    hbcu..........

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    So let me get this right. You don’t have to play anyone for the season to help limit injuries, go to a “Bowl” game on national television for a “National” championship and make a bunch of money on top of it? Where do we sign up?
    Don't forget the band showdown after the game.

Just like Ivy League football, this is a different brand of FCS football.
    Hail the BISON!!!