Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The cornerback situation

Default Re: The cornerback situation

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Their slot guy, All's, is an FBS transfer with some talent. They use him a lot like we used Ryan Smith. Stapleton has been good for them the past two games, sounds like the playoffs have kind of been good coming out party. Their two backs are talented and tackling them all day will take a toll. Schorr doesn't scare me. He is efficient but I wouldn't consider him special in any facet of the QB position.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I don't really want to talk about the 3 people we won't have in this game, how about the 3 people we WILL have in this game? Tanguay, Deluca, and Cox.

We got killed up the middle last year, I love PGT but he wasn't ready to come back. I feel really good about our D ability to contain them.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank God we all have Cox.

I'd still prefer to have Jalen and Jaylaan healthy but one thing that seemed promising in the SHSU game was how well Bridges played the ball in the air near the endzone. He picked off one fade route and knocked another away that took a lucky bounce to get SHSU their only TD. I wonder if his WR background helps him with those kind of plays?
    Schor likes to toss up jump balls in single coverage to Stapleton in particular recently. If Bridges can keep it going from the SHSU game that may burn JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I don't really want to talk about the 3 people we won't have in this game, how about the 3 people we WILL have in this game? Tanguay, Deluca, and Cox.

We got killed up the middle last year, I love PGT but he wasn't ready to come back. I feel really good about our D ability to contain them.
    Our linebackers are so much better than last year it's almost comical and PGT was injured. Our front 7, especially interior is dramatically better too. Last year Tanguey was out. We lost Steidl during that game and at the time Blake Williams was playing some of his first extended action and he's so much better now. We also were so thin at DT we played Caleb Butler way too much inside and Jack Darnell as a red shirt freshman . This year we can rotate like 10 guys on the dline

Corners are definitely a concern though

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Any chance Klienman is pulling a rope a dope and we'll get at least I e of these guys back? I mean, there's no incentive to say that any of these guys will be back.
    I seem to remember Klienman pulling that card with that Bismarck kid a few years ago....found out he was ready to play the night before.

Ty Brooks shoulder....if DeLuca can dislocated and then come back a week later, helping beat EWU and then Iowa & then pull medical redshirt, you'd think Ty (with three weeks rest) would see a little Frisco action, no?

I'm not sure if I've seen Klienman/Tre Dempsey more pissed in a post game presser than when talking about Jalen Allison injury.

I thought, for sure SDSU would take down JMU. I guessed wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU German from Russia View Post
    I seem to remember Klienman pulling that card with that Bismarck kid a few years ago....found out he was ready to play the night before.

Ty Brooks shoulder....if DeLuca can dislocated and then come back a week later, helping beat EWU and then Iowa & then pull medical redshirt, you'd think Ty (with three weeks rest) would see a little Frisco action, no?

I'm not sure if I've seen Klienman/Tre Dempsey more pissed in a post game presser than when talking about Jalen Allison injury.

I thought, for sure SDSU would take down JMU. I guessed wrong.

Depends if it's a dislocation or separation. DeLuca was able to play short term vs Iowa but long term he took the medical red shirt. They can put on a brace that limits range of motion. I'm thinking best case he could get a few touches but more than likely he's out

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know all three got hurt but is there a chance that KC is basically doing something gamesmanship here? I mean he’s not going to say yeah they’ll be completely fine and play for the NC? Why not just say that all three will be out for the season knowing full well that you might get maybe two of them back. Just speculation I guess.

Usining the word (knowing) loosely here. He won’t know the extent of the injuries until probably Monday night.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is why you play 2 cupcakes in OOC. The underclassmen need real game reps, we got that playing MVSU and Bobby Morris. Paying dividends in the postseason. Dom Davis should be healthy by Jan. 6.

I'm hoping Klieman is just staying quiet on Lance Dunn but I am pretty sure if it's a torn labrum in his hip with surgery it's a 4-6 month injury. 3 - 1/2 months is probably the best case. It will be 2 - 1/2 month come Frisco. Of course athletics have access to better rehab stuff so it's possible but unlikely

Dunn didn't have surgery.