Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The cornerback situation

Default Re: The cornerback situation

I can't imagine even if Dunn is ready to go he can be as effective as he was before the injury. That many weeks not playing ... has to take some actual full speed practice/games to get back into the swing of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt Dunn will play. Hip injuries are nothing to mess with as a RB. Ty should be able to play with the shoulder. Might limit his receiving ability.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I doubt Dunn will play. Hip injuries are nothing to mess with as a RB. Ty should be able to play with the shoulder. Might limit his receiving ability.
    Then just drop the wheel route perfectly over the shoulder into his hands. Out of those 4, Ty can make a game changing impact with how he was playing before he got hurt. Even the play he got hurt on was a beautiful run.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Having cornerbacks less then 100% against the JMU offense is not somthing I want to see. I am putting my hopes on Ty Brooks being bale to play. He is a game changer.
    Ty's status is HUGE for this game. Against a disciplined, stingy defense where good drives are difficult to string together we need his explosive home ability

How can Alison, Wimbush and Brooks have the conditioning required to play close to 100%?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I hope these guys get the opportunity to play Saturday. We could definitely use Alison as he is by far our best cover corner although bridges played awesome last game.
    I strongly disagree. Alison is the best player right now because of his experience , and he is a tick faster, but Bridges was showing signs last year of his ability to stick like glue to receivers. Bridges is more than talented, he has the intangibles to be great. As far as pure boundary coverage one on one, he is the best; however, CB's do a lot more than that and Bridges will need more reps to become a better all around football player than Alison.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    How can Alison, Wimbush and Brooks have the conditioning required to play close to 100%?

You don’t think they’ve been couch potatoes the last few weeks do you?

Athletes still train when they’re injured and recovering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Brooks just had a shoulder he'd be able to get plenty of conditioning. Depending on the severity of the other two (which we don't know) who knows how much they have been moving around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I strongly disagree. Alison is the best player right now because of his experience , and he is a tick faster, but Bridges was showing signs last year of his ability to stick like glue to receivers. Bridges is more than talented, he has the intangibles to be great. As far as pure boundary coverage one on one, he is the best; however, CB's do a lot more than that and Bridges will need more reps to become a better all around football player than Alison.
    Your crazy if you don't think Alison is our best corner. He has shut down weineke the last few times we have played and we can put him out there by himself without needing help. This allows us to run different blitz packages. Bridges has definatley came a long way and is looking awesome toward the end of the year, it was a good decision to move him to cb. His tracking has been great to for a cb. Hopefully he can be the next great cb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Your crazy if you don't think Alison is our best corner. He has shut down weineke the last few times we have played and we can put him out there by himself without needing help. This allows us to run different blitz packages. Bridges has definatley came a long way and is looking awesome toward the end of the year, it was a good decision to move him to cb. Hopefully he can be the next great cb.
    100% Alison is our best corner. 80% Alison could become a liability.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯