Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The cornerback situation

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The cornerback situation

Bridges played great! Remember we have a great tandem at FS and SS back there with them. For how emotional Dempsey was in the presser about Allison we could just as well let him play LB for the title. He’ll bring it come January 6th.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

What are the chances we actually could see Alison play in Frisco? That looked like a bad injury but klieman said both him and wimbush could possibly play. That would be huge if they are able to go.

Unlikely for Allison Id say. Wimbush seems like hes been hurt/injured all season

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    What are the chances we actually could see Alison play in Frisco? That looked like a bad injury but klieman said both him and wimbush could possibly play. That would be huge if they are able to go.
    Depends it's a knee sprain or partially torn mcl. A sprain or minor tear could be 2-4 weeks depending on the severity. If it's the worst it could be 4-8 weeks. Frisco will be 3 weeks and a day. If I had to take a wild guess, we see one of them. Both unlikely

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Depends it's a knee sprain or partially torn mcl. A sprain or minor tear could be 2-4 weeks depending on the severity. If it's the worst it could be 4-8 weeks. Frisco will be 3 weeks and a day. If I had to take a wild guess, we see one of them. Both unlikely
    I agree, really suprised with Alison even being a possibility. Good for him that atleast it's not an acl so he should be good for next year.

I'm guessing neither will be at or near 100% anyway. I'd rather have Bridges and Hays out there at 100%. They looked more then capable against SHSU.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone brought up the return of Dom Davis as well so we do have a little bit of depth there. Not much room for any further injuries, but with those safeties back there the Bison will find a way to make it work. With a healthy Deluca, the addition of Cox, and the surprise addition of Hendricks we have a lot of different things we can do defensively against the Dukes that we weren't able to last year.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our defense, right now, this year is way better than it was at this time last year. I feel really good about this game. I'm not calling for a blowout but I think the Bison win comfortably.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Someone brought up the return of Dom Davis as well so we do have a little bit of depth there. Not much room for any further injuries, but with those safeties back there the Bison will find a way to make it work. With a healthy Deluca, the addition of Cox, and the surprise addition of Hendricks we have a lot of different things we can do defensively against the Dukes that we weren't able to last year.
    Yeah, I would guess that we'll see the same defensive philosophy as they showed against SHSU after the two CBs went out and that's stay in the base defense no matter what. For all intents and purposes Cox is the nickel DB and Deluca is the dime DB.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Our defense, right now, this year is way better than it was at this time last year. I feel really good about this game. I'm not calling for a blowout but I think the Bison win comfortably.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    It's nearly a whole new defense personnel wise compared to last year. Much more athletic IMO.