Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The cornerback situation

Default Re: The cornerback situation

The way cox is playing I'm sure he could play corner. (Purple) just hope bridges plays another great game like Friday. Definitely looks like a great move switching him to defense. Hope that dom Davis is back and wimbush can play.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    When did Wimbush go down and what happened? I never did see or hear anything about during the game and didn’t find out till after it was over. Bridges played great!
    It was at some point in the first half as he was on the sidelines during half time warmups. I assume some sort of knee injury as there was no bending of the knee as he moved around the side line.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    JMU is a MUCH better matchup without Wimbush/Allison. Not that it makes it any better, but certainly benefits us. Schor is just not the same guy that Christion can be when he is on. Tonight's game reminded me of UNI when Christion couldn't hit the broad side of the Dykehouse.
    You lost me here?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You lost me here?
    I'm guessing he is referring to facing jmu without our starting cb's is a lot better than facing sdsu without Allison and winbush

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    The way cox is playing I'm sure he could play corner. (Purple) just hope bridges plays another great game like Friday. Definitely looks like a great move switching him to defense. Hope that dom Davis is back and wimbush can play.
    I don't think you need to purple-ize that comment about Cox. He was constantly lined up over SHSU's slot receiver last Friday night. It's not an ideal situation but he's probably not much worse in pass coverage than NDSU's nickel corner right now and he's light years better against the run. JMU runs a lot of jet sweep action based on their games that I've watched so I doubt Cox ever leaves the field given how good in pursuit he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Against good passing teams we're in nickel a lot. Jabril Cox is going to be key as well as James Hendricks. Bridges has great ball skills.
    I think playing nickel against JMU is the worst thing we could do. With shaky CB play, we will need to get a ton of pressure on the QB if we stand a chance of stopping these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I think playing nickel against JMU is the worst thing we could do. With shaky CB play, we will need to get a ton of pressure on the QB if we stand a chance of stopping these guys.
    We're not going to have to. With the exception of chuck and duck to that new kid, they don't have much of a passing game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    We're not going to have to. With the exception of chuck and duck to that new kid, they don't have much of a passing game.
    Don't they still have those big, tall, athletic receivers?

I'll admit, I haven't watched any JMU games with the exception of the second half of the bunnies game.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Don't they still have those big, tall, athletic receivers?

I'll admit, I haven't watched any JMU games with the exception of the second half of the bunnies game.
    They have on kid, Riley Stapleton who seems to bail them out on 3rd down a lot. The other ones, if any, weren't notable.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their slot guy, All's, is an FBS transfer with some talent. They use him a lot like we used Ryan Smith. Stapleton has been good for them the past two games, sounds like the playoffs have kind of been good coming out party. Their two backs are talented and tackling them all day will take a toll. Schorr doesn't scare me. He is efficient but I wouldn't consider him special in any facet of the QB position.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk