Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The cornerback situation

Default Re: The cornerback situation

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Against good passing teams we're in nickel a lot. Jabril Cox is going to be key as well as James Hendricks. Bridges has great ball skills.
    SHSU was almost exclusively 4 wide from the 2nd quarter on last night and the Bison never went out of their base defense (or if they did it was very rare). Cox and Deluca were constantly lined up over their slot receivers. I'd say if they had the confidence to do that against SHSU's high octane passing attack they'll have the confidence to do that against JMU too. I'm sure having a little depth for those outside guys would be very welcome though so glad to hear Davis is due back.

JMU is a MUCH better matchup without Wimbush/Allison. Not that it makes it any better, but certainly benefits us. Schor is just not the same guy that Christion can be when he is on. Tonight's game reminded me of UNI when Christion couldn't hit the broad side of the Dykehouse.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Any chance Klienman is pulling a rope a dope and we'll get at least I e of these guys back? I mean, there's no incentive to say that any of these guys will be back.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Any chance Klienman is pulling a rope a dope and we'll get at least I e of these guys back? I mean, there's no incentive to say that any of these guys will be back.
    Didn't see Wimbush go down but the other two looked pretty bad. I'd be surprised to see them back in three weeks.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When did Wimbush go down and what happened? I never did see or hear anything about during the game and didn’t find out till after it was over. Bridges played great!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    When did Wimbush go down and what happened? I never did see or hear anything about during the game and didn’t find out till after it was over. Bridges played great!
    Must have made it to the sideline when he got hurt. Had a leg brace on afterwards. Likely some type of knee injury I'd guess.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All I know is that yesterday was the first time in years that I've seen an NDSU corner make great plays on the ball and the corner that made those plays isn't injured

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    All I know is that yesterday was the first time in years that I've seen an NDSU corner make great plays on the ball and the corner that made those plays isn't injured
    You do have a point.

I was thinking the same thing

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is a lot of truth being said here!!! Well done!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS