Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The cornerback situation

Default Re: The cornerback situation

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    We were missing SR All-American RT Mitch Kirsch, his replacement was the Chavious kid that had 5 false start penalties. Chavious has missed this entire season with a knee injury, and his replacement got injured as well. Last year we were also missing Jr All CAA WR Terrance Alls, and our leading tackler Jr LB Brandon Hereford. We did get Ish Hyman back at WR that game, he had 1 catch for 32 yards. Lost our starting C during the game, entered true FR Mac Patrick when we had first and goal at the 5 (and we ended up kicking a FG). Bottom line is your depleted d-line was playing against a FR and a rFR by halftime. Our leading tackler for the game ended up being Hereford's replacement, I believe he had 14 tackles on all the silly jet sweeps you were trying to run.
    which is why coach said your backups were better than ours

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Ankrah is a defensive end.
    Collin Conner needs to play his best game. If he plays like he did against San Diego, Stick will be in trouble. He got beat like a drum that game.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    If correct than I hope we see a whole lot of getting Stick going early and often. And I don't mean by using his arm. 2 Wr, 1 TE set and let Stick run behind Bruce and our FB blowing up people. To keep the defense honest, it needs to be a heavy dose of TE's and an occasional wheel route. It really stinks that a player like RJ might more or less get shut out in his last game, but I could easily see that happening also.
    As wierd as it may sound if RJ gets shut out I think the Bison win since that means that they likely didn't have to throw it much and that the running game was effective.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Optimism on the injury front! Go Bison!!

http://www.inforum.com/sports/footba...-james-madison

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Optimism on the injury front! Go Bison!!

http://www.inforum.com/sports/footba...-james-madison
    Back at practice plus 5 more days to heal....I like their chances!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Back at practice plus 5 more days to heal....I like their chances!
    All he said was they were "running around" so that could equate to anything from participating in individual/team drills to conditioning on the sidelines with Kramer. At least for guys with leg injuries like Allison, Wimbush, and Dunn getting out there running is a good sign but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for them. Any of them would provide a huge boost though.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    All he said was they were "running around" so that could equate to anything from participating in individual/team drills to conditioning on the sidelines with Kramer. At least for guys with leg injuries like Allison, Wimbush, and Dunn getting out there running is a good sign but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for them. Any of them would provide a huge boost though.
    I hope these guys get the opportunity to play Saturday. We could definitely use Alison as he is by far our best cover corner although bridges played awesome last game.

What I do NOT want is a replay of last year when they allowed PGT to play hurt. That did us no favors.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    What I do NOT want is a replay of last year when they allowed PGT to play hurt. That did us no favors.
    Exactly. I'd rather a 100% Bridges or Hays over an 80% Allison or Wimbush.

Having cornerbacks less then 100% against the JMU offense is not somthing I want to see. I am putting my hopes on Ty Brooks being able to play. He is a game changer.
    Last edited by Bison03; 01-02-2018 at 05:35 AM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN