Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SHSU post game thoughts.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SHSU post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cutting below the waist on a change of possession is illegal. Wentz was called for the exact same thing when he threw a pick at UNI and dove to take out a lead blocker on the return. This was the exact same thing.
    This is correct. After any change of possession or during any kick play, all low blocks by either team are illegal. Blocks can be initiated by either offense or defense. Another tidbit, by definition the offense is the team currently in possession of the ball. So during the Bison return they are now the offense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    This is correct. After any change of possession or during any kick play, all low blocks by either team are illegal. Blocks can be initiated by either offense or defense. Another tidbit, by definition the offense is the team currently in possession of the ball. So during the Bison return they are now the offense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I stand corrected on that rule

The best move coach K has made was replacing his offensive coordinator. Great guy but not yet at the level we needed.

Yesterday’s game was everything a Bison fan could ask for.

I enjoyed the attitude the team had and the crowd too. As long as we’re not taunting. Great players make great plays and act like they’ve been there many times before.

Love Bison Football 40+ years. Men of skill, intelligence, and integrity.(with a touch of brutality)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Who the bleep are you going to play?
    I believe Victor Kizewski was the only person left on the team that had RB experience and I'm not sure he was available. With that said, getting Seth those extra runs was worth it. I know the risk is scary, but that risk is an every day issue for football players when you add in practice and working out. Injuries suck, but if you're an athlete, you can't live in fear of them.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Who is the true freshmen corner and when did his shirt get pulled? Did I actually miss this pre or during season—> https://twitter.com/domizzowday/stat...79649668059136

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh Hayes played pretty darn good last night. Makes the future look brighter for the secondary. http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?r...&path=football

I believe his redshirt was pulled pretty early in the season when Wimbush was injured.
    Hail the BISON!!!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was kind of drunk at the beginning, we didn't bring much extra pressure did we?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In regards to Allison's injury, I hate to say this but that "low cut block" was right on the borderline of being legal. During the game last night I thought the guy went right for his knee, but after watching it I think you could make a case that contact was made to the hip area first and then slid down to the knee.

In regards to the game, is it too much to ask to make sure we never schedule them again?? I know last night was the playoffs so we didn't have a choice, and we were firing on all cylinders, but that performance by SHSU was ridiculous, especially from the coaching point of view. It was obvious to me when we got up 14-3 that SHSU had to match us touchdown for touchdown to have a chance. That next drive they got it to the 50 and it was 4th and 3, and they decided to punt. The game was over at that point as in my opinion the coaches didn't believe they could get it done. I believe they also had another 4th and manageable on our side of the 50 and they punted. Even in the second half and if was ALOT to 3, and they drove down the field and still ended with a FG. I know they were knocked back because of a penalty, but if you have any chance to win they have to score a TD not a FG. I was so disappointed for their kids that the coaches didn't man up and give their #1 ranked offense more of a chance to beat us.

Typical SHSU in the playoffs, when it gets tough they quit and unless we are forced to I don't want our program associated with that unless we absolutely have to in the playoffs.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2 questions:

1. Which recruits were present at the game Friday?
    2. Were the SHSU players on the field during the NDSU intro like Keeler said they would be?

Just curious, thanks!

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Shsu was not on the field for the intro or the national anthem. I even think they missed their own video.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastBison View Post
    Man, Easton was on target.

I feel bad for Brooks. He has had a few long runs called back this year for holding calls and when he breaks a clean one he gets hurt. I think he would have had a huge game.
    Blazing speed when he hits the after burners. He was just a blur on a few plays when he broke out. Reminds me of Siegers.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."